Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lovely City in the south east

Options
  • 29-07-2012 4:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭

Are Boards taking the piss?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wha?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

:D (almost nobody looks at the South East "regional" board, wonder who snuck that in?)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Waterford City (23 Viewing)
    Lovely City in the south east.

So what's your question OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hey OP - Where are you from?
    Maybe we could ask the Waterford posters to come up with a tagline for your hometown?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Possible contravention of the trade description act?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It might be lovely but its not a city. ;)

Quazzie wrote: »
    It might be lovely but its not a city. ;)

That's Kilkenny you are thinking of (and we're off!).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Is Waterford not a lovely city in the South East :confused:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Is there a point to this thread OP, or will I just close it now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Zaph wrote: »
    Is there a point to this thread OP, or will I just close it now?

One would assume that there's a query as to why all other regions are described as "County Louth" or "Dublin City" etc and Waterford is given the somewhat strange description of "lovely" which breaks from the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,492 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Antares wrote: »
    One would assume that there's a query as to why all other regions are described as "County Louth" or "Dublin City" etc and Waterford is given the somewhat strange description of "lovely" which breaks from the norm.

What is strange about 'lovely' as a description? And what's wrong with breaking from the norm? I'm sure you could start a campaign to have your home city given a more interesting description.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

looksee wrote: »

What is strange about 'lovely' as a description? And what's wrong with breaking from the norm? I'm sure you could start a campaign to have your home city given a more interesting description.
    Mummy told me if you can't say anything good then say nothing at all.

Louth doesn't have a city :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,492 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mummy told me if you can't say anything good then say nothing at all.

er, yes, I'd go along with that!
    Louth doesn't have a city :(

Ah ha! so its just jealousy :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This thread has came up before. When we did an April fools joke years ago, the admins re-named the Kilkenny description to it said it was a Town and added Lovely City into Waterford. Its an ongoing war between two neighbours Boards joined in for the craic. After the fury and upset it probably caused, Boards changed Kilkenny back but left Waterford. Whoever did it at the time probably didn't thin much of it - as Waterford is a city. It was the Kilkenny town bit that was the wind up.

For what its worth, it is a lovely City in the South East.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Careful Ted, you'll upset Limerick"
    "Ah, sure, they're all lovely cities!"

Advertisement