Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding RAM to my motherboard(upgrade)

Options
  • 29-07-2012 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi!

I want to upgrade my motherboards - Asus Striker II Extreme RAM...

Now I have OCZ HyperX DDR3 4GB kit of 2 (2x2gb), but as the game and graphics industry gets more demanding I want to upgrade my RAM... And because NO ONE CANT get anywhere another same ocz kit of 2 modules im searcing for new ones...

Now I want to upgrade to 8GB(my mthrb max capacity) But I am reading much info that something there is not comptable and you cannot install 2x4gb kit.. and even its hard to get kit of 4(4x2gb) modules nowdays so they would work on this moterboard!

I want to ask can you suggest me which modules I could take? What config to take? So I can succesfully install and use 8gb of ram...
    Personally im much interested in Corsair modules(Like Vengeance or Dominator series DDR3 modules).. Or kingston hyperX genesis... but in which module kit config?

Big thanks for help!

Comments

Advertisement