Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Savage bar attack leaves journalist terrified.

• 29-07-2012 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Who the hell does niamh horan think she is? she approaches a total stranger in a bar and takes his photo with her iphone and she expects him not to react.!!!!
    Then she goes and claims a savage attack and its front page news.
    Shes a fu&#ing clown imo.

Nb :could someone link the article.i cant find it online.

Source supplied by Biggings
    http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9333/p1170452large.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Who the hell does niamh horan think she is? she approaches a total stranger in a bar and takes his photo with her iphone and she expects him not to react.!!!!
    Then she goes and claims a savage attack and its front page news.
    Shes a fu&#ing clown imo.

Nb :could someone link the article.i cant find it online.

Wha'??

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Bit of a tit alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

that one she's as mad as a bag of hammers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It was in the Sindo.. something about an unidentified property developer in a bar in Portugal chasing her with a broken glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Would've thought the two former anorexics would have gotten on better, tbh.

• Advertisement

The question is though, can anyone identify this thug?
    Apparently she heard his name from a barman, googled it & found pictures but has lost the ability to remember the name or check the history on her phone.
    Assuming this did happen I don't think she could be held liable for defamation of character. I'm open to correction though.
    As I said already bit of a tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

saw it in the indo earlier. they asked the readers to identify the man. its clear who it is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

I loved when Sinead O'Connor put manners on Horan and that dreadful Mirror Showbiz tw*t Paul Martin.

It was the most fun

saw it in the indo earlier. they asked the readers to identify the man. its clear who it is

who is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

The question is though, can anyone identify this thug?
    Apparently she heard his name from a barman, googled it & found pictures but has lost the ability to remember the name or check the history on her phone.
    Assuming this did happen I don't think she could be held liable for defamation of character. I'm open to correction though.
    As I said already bit of a tit.

I haven't a clue who it is.probably would if I heard his name.but our niamh is a work of art the silly cnut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

T. McF....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

OK, don't have the papepr to hand, soo...

Journalist Niamh Horan hears something about a random guy in a bar, googles him, approches him in the bar, takes his picture and gets threatened by said guy in bar, (about whom no one seems to know anything), but now has lost the pictures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I've narrowed it down to Ronan, Gerald Kean, Brian & Pippa or Rosanna Davison.

To my knowledge, no one else is afforded coverage by the Sunday Independent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I thought Samantha Brick had been involved in a fight over who'd put the biggest lump of flob into a spitoon.:(

Yamanoto wrote: »

That Brian lad is the ultimate GIMP, even looking at his head annoys me. How he managed to marry herself is beyond me,

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    OK, don't have the papepr to hand, soo...

Journalist Niamh Horan hears something about a random guy in a bar, googles him, approches him in the bar, takes his picture and gets threatened by said guy in bar, (about whom no one seems to know anything), but now has lost the pictures?
    No. She has a photo of him sipping his drink & basically minding his own business.
    She knows who he is, has printed the photo but now wants the public to identify the thug in question.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I thought Samantha Brick had been involved in a fight over who'd put the biggest lump of flob into a spitoon.:(

what?

OK, so now Rodge or Podge then?

Pantsface wrote: »
    even looking at his head annoys me

+1

It's strangely Thunderbirds too, which doesn't help.

No. She has a photo of him sipping his drink & basically minding his own business.
    She knows who he is, has printed the photo but now wants the public to identify the thug in question.

i hope he gave her a clatter

• Advertisement

Do sipping a drink and minding your own business makes you a thug worthy of being investigated by a journaist now?

Or am I watchign a different movie?

+1

It's strangely Thunderbirds too, which doesn't help.

and he has no chin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Any chance of a link to the story?

Pantsface wrote: »
    and he has no chin

But some cheek.

Lumbo wrote: »

That would just make things too easy!

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

Do sipping a drink and minding your own business makes you a thug worthy of being investigated by a journaist now?

Or am I watchign a different movie?
    Indeed it doesnt in a normal persons world.
    In Niamh's however it's a very different story.
    Thats her description of him, not mine. Got a good laugh out of it though, how any editor passed that is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

She took tom mcfeely's photo in a bar and he went mad. Hardly surprising really but not justified with the violence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

WTF was she doing taking photos of him then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who am I supposed to be outraged at?

• Advertisement

fullstop wrote: »

WTF was she doing taking photos of him then?
    Maybe she fancies him.

woodoo wrote: »
    She took tom mcfeely's photo in a bar and he went mad. Hardly surprising really but not justified with the violence.

Former member of the Provisional IRA, par for the course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Former member of the Provisional IRA, par for the course.

And all round dirtbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

woodoo wrote: »

It's not nice an Irish journalist harassing one of her majesty's loyal subjects like that.

(he's a bit of a fat boy I see, maybe he should lay off the food for a few days....)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

mike65 wrote: »
    Who am I supposed to be outraged at?

The person who hasn't posted a link to the story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

She happened to be in the bar and sniffed a story, Developer on the verge of bankruptcy, refusing to sort out issues with his buildings, enjoying a drink on holidays in a high end resort. Fair game I'd say.

Seems to be a bit of hyperbole in her story though, she should have stuck to the facts and probably shouldn't have tried to blind side a person who allegedly has a history of violence and intimidation if she wasn't up for it. I wonder why she was in a bar which is known to attract Irish developer types by herself? Looking to ambush someone maybe?

Also seems to be some legal issue with him being named, probably because she couldn't find a solid source to independently name the guy in the photo before the publication deadline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Lumbo wrote: »

Will post something in five minutes.

EDIT - here ya go: http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9333/p1170452large.jpg

I like how they appear to be unable to identify him yet got his weight spot on :rolleyes:

The way she writes the article, she writes it as if she is creating an mystery novel!
    Its very bad reporting to say the least!
    Especially for a front-page article!

She was caught up close snapping someone's pic - ok, he might be a criminal (not proved by them!) - and she gets told off (maybe too much?) but then she writes as if she was a poor innocent victim!!!

If someone got in my face with a camera and started snapping, I wouldn't be too happy about it either!

If one is going to face someone of possible ill-repute, the last thing you want to be doing is provoking the person up-close.

Someone should teach her the lesson behind the words "Let sleeping dogs lie!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Red_Wake wrote: »
    Would've thought the two former anorexics would have gotten on better, tbh.

At least they'll never make cannibals

• Advertisement

"...looking at the menacing spiked remains in his hand.. his new-found weapon

And then he came for me, My face, My throat. I don't know where he wanted to slam it into me

In that instant I fully believe I was screaming for my life"

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Biggins wrote: »
    If someone got in my face with a camera and started snapping, I wouldn't be too happy about it either!

I wouldn't be bothered in the least unless I had something to hide. Have you something to hide Biggins!?! :D

I'd heard the sunday indo was bad, but to actually put "thug" as part of a front page is unreal

It may seem like a stupid question but...

If she/they don't know who he is:

1. How did she know who to take a picture of?
    2. How did she know he was a developer?
    3. Frankly, how did she know what bar to go to, to take a picture of a person she not knows his name?
    4. How did she identify him, by picture she carried with herself? And if so (or not), if she had some way of knowing who she was looking for - then surely she must know his name?
    5. How can they say in the article header "Notorious developer" - then ask who is he? :confused::confused::confused:

DUH!

I smell something totally fishy about her whole story!

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I wouldn't be bothered in the least unless I had something to hide. Have you something to hide Biggins!?! :D

Just my lack of girth and length! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Its a glass story :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Niamh Horan,

Absolute waste of a sperm! I heard Alison O riordan trained her as a "journo".

I have more respect for the poor guys who write jokes for Penguin bars and Christmas crackers than those two fuckwits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Biggins wrote: »
    Just my lack of girth and length! :(

All talk no action! :eek::eek::eek:

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    All talk no action! :eek::eek::eek:

Enough action to populate the country with four more rugrats! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

benwavner wrote: »
    Niamh Horan,

Absolute waste of a sperm! I heard Alison O riordan trained her as a "journo".

I have more respect for the poor guys who write jokes for Penguin bars and Christmas crackers than those two fuckwits.

Gold.

• Advertisement
Advertisement