Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Savage bar attack leaves journalist terrified.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

It was like reading a fifth class student's creative writing homework. One of the worst journalists that I think has graced the pages of a national newspaper. Childish and poorly written articles every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

In fairness it's something I'd expect to see gracing the front page of a tabloid, not a so called "proper journalistic" paper.

God you are completely deluded if you think the Independent/Gutter press is capable of producing any kind of balanced journalism to be taken seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

mikom wrote: »
    But wait........ there's more....

That's better investigative journalism than the sindo article:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

If you find yourself 'out on the street' I would imagine it's down to the fact that you're barely literate rather than because of some evil developer bogeyman.

Less of the bile Dude ...maybe you need to get your piles seen to ?

Where did that "barely literate " shite come from....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

goose2005 wrote: »
    They know he's Tom McFeely, the Sindo really hates Shinners and probably wanted to provoke him into going mad.

http://bocktherobber.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/90238610-200x200.jpg
    http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/What_Goes_Up_/Japlandic/GodSaveTheQueen.jpg

Ex-IRA hunger striker who claimed British bankruptcy on failed Irish developments.

I don't know why they're pretending not to know, how could they know he was a notorious developer and yet not know who he was? Maybe so they can have a follow-up next week crediting "Internet sleuths."

Don't think he is on hunger strike anymore :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I hate getting my photo taken myself but I would not lash out at anyone for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Darwin wrote: »
    In fairness it's something I'd expect to see gracing the front page of a tabloid, not a so called "proper journalistic" paper.

God you are completely deluded if you think the Independent/Gutter press is capable of producing any kind of balanced journalism to be taken seriously.
    Which is why I posted "proper journalistic" paper.
    Your sarcasm detector may be faulty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Darwin wrote: »

Thats why I always read The Catholic Press - God writes that - and he's always right! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Less of the bile Dude ...maybe you need to get your piles seen to ?

Where did that "barely literate " shite come from....?
    She suckin some Dudes cock over in Talbot street....is that what your insinuating ?

... Niamh...??

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Colmustard wrote: »
    I hate getting my photo taken myself but I would not lash out at anyone for doing so.

How would you react to your photo being taken without your consent by a complete stranger in a sinister manner? Lash out, maybe not, but I can tell you that if someone did it to me, there would be a struggle to retrieve/delete those photos. An absolutely disgusting violation of someone's privacy.

• Advertisement

How would you react to your photo being taken without your consent by a complete stranger in a sinister manner? Lash out, maybe not, but I can tell you that if someone did it to me, there would be a struggle to retrieve/delete those photos. An absolutely disgusting violation of someone's privacy.

Can understand that Dude...were you up to the hilt in someones hole behind "The George".

Bit of a "glare" off those assless chaps eh ? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Can understand that Dude...were you up to the hilt in someones hole behind "The George".

hohoho

Pantsface wrote: »
    hohoho

No need to quote him. He's on my ignore list for a reason!

No need to quote him. He's on my ignore list for a reason!

my bad, sorry about that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

The indo is a tabloid.

Anybody who buys it is irretrievably stupid. Unfortunately there are a lot of stupid people in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I preferred when you just wrote stuff about struggling to take a shit. Well, preferred is not really the right word. What's another word for "cared even less"?

Pottler wrote: »
    I preferred when you just wrote stuff about struggling to take a shit. Well, preferred is not really the right word. What's another word for "cared even less"?

Link?

:pac:

Your "point" pilgrim ?

Is clarity always such a difficult issue for you ?

I agree but what can you do, it is the world we live in. It is not against the law to take anyones picture in a public place, but it is to hit them for doing so.

• Advertisement

Pantsface wrote: »
    Link?

:pac:
    The only link I can come up with is that they let him out of the secure facility every few weeks to see how he gets on. When he gets too carried away, they haul him back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

When you have done what that scumbag has done you should expect people to be looking to take your photo.

Normally when one writes a newspaper article, you write about Who, What, Where, When, Why...

The Indo' article has:

No who its is!

No what they are "Notorious" about!

No where they have supposed to be trouble previously and/or for whom!

No when any trouble was caused by them!

...Or even why, the woman was in a bar taking his picture and by some amazing miracle able to find a "Notorious developer" - but not know his name!

Its just one reporters flowery version of something that supposedly happened in a Portuguese bar - and no proof to back it up!
    Nothing to back anything up - of any detail about a supposedly "notorious" man!

We have to take everything at her word - which again lacks a rotten amount of details and verification!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Loving the casual homophobia thrown in there FultonCrown...not.

Your "point" pilgrim ?

Is clarity always such a difficult issue for you ?
    You're so funny! I love the way you use the word "pilgrim" so much, it's really endearing, reminds me of another delusional John Wayne fan I used to know. He was a complete tosser though, not like you at all. I've really missed you here, it's just not the same without you buddy. Did the food get any better in there?

You're so funny! I love the way you use the word "pilgrim" so much, it's really endearing, reminds me of another delusional John Wayne fan I used to know. He was a complete tosser though, not like you at all. I've really missed you here, it's just not the same without you buddy. Did the food get any better in there?

Eh :confused:

Anybody know what this Gimp is on about ?

Sounds like he could do with some "sedation"...uh ...like a stiff shoe in the plums !

Yeah ! I'll buy that :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

I don't think you should be repeating the obviously bu1lsh1t language they use to gild this non story cr@p.

I'd associate the word 'savage' maybe with a rottweiler attack on a child's head. Something in that scale of assault.

I think it's fair to say this situation is a man becoming angry and remonstrative when an untalented, unintelligent and universally derided bint intrudes on a private social outing to try and harvest some of her gutter ****e.

Sounds like he could do with some "sedation"...uh ...like a stiff shoe in the plums !

I think he reckons you're a complete tosspot.

I don't think you should be repeating the obviously bu1lsh1t language they use to gild this non story cr@p.

I'd associate the word 'savage' maybe with a rottweiler attack on a child's head. Something in that scale of assault.

I think it's fair to say this situation is a man becoming angry and remonstrative when an untalented, unintelligent and universally derided bint intrudes on a private social outing to try and harvest some of her gutter ****e.

dunno why this made me laugh

I agree but what can you do, it is the world we live in. It is not against the law to take anyones picture in a public place, but it is to hit them for doing so.

What if it was a paedo taking a photo of your 6-year-old daughter in her swimwear on the beach? A pretty extreme hypothesis, I admit. However when it comes to issues of personal security and protecting your loved ones - well sometimes what the law says is and isn't acceptable doesn't really matter when our safety and security feel threatened.

You cussed me good there Fulto. Stiff shoe, I like it. You're not that fat lad in the picture are you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Misread the title as Savage bear attack....

Disappointed.

What if it was a paedo taking a photo of your 6-year-old daughter in her swimwear on the beach? A pretty extreme hypothesis, I admit. However when it comes to issues of personal security and protecting your loved ones - well sometimes what the law says is and isn't acceptable doesn't really matter when our safety and security feel threatened.

That is against the law, you are not allowed to take unauthorised photographs of children.

In France you are not allowed take anyones photo without their permission but not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Pilgrim == pal. If you remember the flutt you'll understand.

Personally, I'm glad that the flutt is still with us. While I wouldn't always agree with him, this place hasn't been the same since he left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Misread the title as Savage bear attack....

Disappointed.

I thought it was about a comedian who attacked a journalist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

[QUOTE=Colmustard;79975604]That is against the law, you are not allowed to take unauthorised photographs of children.

In France you are not allowed take anyones photo without their permission but not here.[/QUOTE]

You sure about that? If the child is the focal point, maybe, but general shots I think it's a public place...

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    You sure about that? If the child is the focal point, maybe, but general shots I think it's a public place...

I don't think a stranger can take a camera to a plat ground, but I am not sure now.

I hope its illegal.

That is against the law, you are not allowed to take unauthorised photographs of children.

Do you have a source for that? I know that it's illegal to publish photos of children without parental consent but not to take them, as far as I'm aware.

Anyway, my point being that if I feel intimidated or that me or my loved ones are under threat, I will react. End of story.

To put it into context, Niamh Horan got exactly what she deserved for taking someone's photo without their consent. A good bloody scare. Maybe she'll think twice next time before being a completely f**king idiot. Although considering she seems to have made quite a career out of it, I very much doubt it.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4746/p1170461b.jpg

This is supposed to be a news article? :confused:

Where is the news, the details of who, what, when, how or why?

It just reads like a novel story!

As regard the right of taking pictures: http://www.digitalrights.ie/2006/05/09/photographers-rights/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

An absolutely disgusting violation of someone's privacy.

He built apartments ignoring the safety, health and well being of his customers. He destroyed some peoples lives, put families lives at risk for a quick buck, took their money and legged it. A true darling corrupt developer of the celtic tiger. She took an opportunity and photographed him enjoying the spoils... and he didn't like it, he reacted like any bully would.

And you defend him after he tried to glass her?

Were you were delighted when Veronica Guerin was shot? Were you disgusted when Jim Gallagher exposed the house of prayer and the millions they took from elderly, sick and gullible people?

I know it's terribly fashionable to be anonymously anti-media. You seem to be popular because idiots thank your posts, but even if the article may not be very well written, you need your little moral internet compass adjusted barackpyjama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

And on it goes......
    heh heh... total load of bollox.

Some attention seeking gimp has copped the publicity gained by acting like an idiot.

:D

Don't tell me you are taken in by that crap?.eek.gif

Use of "gimp"............check

Use of "gimp" in conjunction with :D ............check

• Advertisement

Do you have a source for that? I know that it's illegal to publish photos of children without parental consent but not to take them, as far as I'm aware.

Yeah you are right about that I am wrong.

But it is illegal to assault someone for taking a picture. How could you claim self defence a camera is not exactly a deadly weapon.

But I get your point I hate having my pic taken, but I realise there is nothing I can do about it.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    He built apartments ignoring the safety, health and well being of his customers. He destroyed some peoples lives, put families lives at risk for a quick buck, took their money and legged it. A true darling corrupt developer of the celtic tiger. She took an opportunity and photographed him enjoying the spoils... and he didn't like it, he reacted like any bully would.

Yeah, I'm sure he's a scumbag. In fact, I said that he was a scumbag in one of my first posts. My point was that invading someone's privacy and violating them by taking their photo is also scumbag behaviour.

Did I? Link/quote?
    Were you were delighted when Veronica Guerin was shot?

Yeah, me and my friends threw a party to celebrate. You utter moron. :rolleyes:
    I know it's terribly fashionable to be anonymously anti-media. You seem to be popular because idiots thank your posts, but even if the article may not be very well written, you need your little moral internet compass adjusted barackpyjama.

Why? I'm not anti-media - I'm anti-irresponsible/s**t media and I hate po-faced rag journos behaving like victims when they're actually aggressive bullies. If you want to see a scumbag bully, Niamh Horan isn't a million miles away from the people she vilifies.

My point was that invading someone's privacy and violating them by taking their photo is also scumbag behaviour

No, it's not really, he ripped a lot of decent honest people off, why you think someone taking his photograph enjoying overpriced drinks on holiday while families suffer because of his greed is "A absolutely disgusting violation" of his privacy is beyond me.

He doesn't deserve privacy enjoying the spoils of his dishonesty. He needs to pay his bills and be exposed for what he is.

Do you know him by any chance?

No, it's not really, he ripped a lot of decent honest people off, why you think someone taking his photograph enjoying overpriced drinks on holiday while families suffer because of his greed is "A absolutely disgusting violation" of his privacy is beyond me.

He doesn't deserve privacy enjoying the spoils of his dishonesty. He needs to pay his bills and be exposed for what he is.

Do you know him by any chance?

No. Were you ripped off by him by any chance?

I'm simply stating that, while he's obviously a scumbag, so are journalists who invade peoples' privacy. Is what Niamh Hogan did in the public interest? Did she manage this spectacular piece of journalism in a way that it will have a deeply negative impact on the guy? I think the answer to all these questions is no. Regardless of how hysterical, irrational and stupid this might make you.

Were you ripped off by him by any chance?.

No.
    Is what Niamh Hogan did in the public interest?

Yes.
    Did she manage this spectacular piece of journalism in a way that it will have a deeply negative impact on the guy?

Unlike you, I hope so.
    hysterical, irrational and stupid

You, you and you!

She faced up to a bully, and you don't like it! Is it because she's a girl?

No.

Yes.

Unlike you, I hope so.

You, you and you!

She faced up to a bully, and you don't like it! Is it because she's a girl?

You're an idiot. Ignore list.

Had Niamh Hogan wrote a piece about this mysterious un-named man (but still was able enough to know him, to know he was notorious! Thats very strange!) and state for the article what he did, where he did it, when he did it, against who he did it or anything in that regard, her article might have been conducive to the public interest.

What we got was a small chapter from a novel, lacking much detail but very flowery about her adventures in a bar - and thats it!

Were you were delighted when Veronica Guerin was shot? Were you disgusted when Jim Gallagher exposed the house of prayer and the millions they took from elderly, sick and gullible people?

Finally, someone who knows who he is. Lovely. I'll assume you've called Niamh to tell her because she obviously has no idea, so is there any dcahnce you could enlighten the rest of us?
    Biggins wrote: »
    Had Niamh Hogan wrote a piece about this mysterious un-named man (but still was able enough to know him, to know he was notorious! Thats very strange!) and state for the article what he did, where he did it, when he did it, against who he did it or anything in that regard, her article might have been conducive to the public interest.

What we got was a small chapter from a novel, lacking much detail but very flowery about her adventures in a bar - and thats it!

... and know him well enough to find him and take a photograph...

You're an idiot. Ignore list.

I guess some people don't like to be caught out defending a corrupt bully being caught out by a woman!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

No. Were you ripped off by him by any chance?
    Is what Niamh Hogan did in the public interest?

Agree with that. Either our legal system can deal with people like him. Or it can't. You're only running away from the real issue by wanting to give a mandate to some retard to harass people she unilaterally decides are guilty.

To allow corruption in all levels of society. To make no consequential response to it. But then say, it's all ok because we have some tabloid retards who will mount an ugly invasion of someones private life and harass them. It's a poor substitute for justice. Also some of you are positive this guy is guilty but what happens in the future now that you've instituted a few people in a newspaper office as judge, jury and executioner.

Advertisement