Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New iPhone Leaked [Unconfirmed]

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm on for the jack at the bottom too.
    SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Hope it is the case, better location in my opinion. Lets say your listening to music or you are on a call and your phone is in your pocket, when taking it out, you have to flip it around for access to the home button. Where as, if it plugged into the bottom of the phone, this would not be the case.
    Except when you have your mic'd headphones in you can answer the call without taking it out of your pocket (and can see who's calling without pressing the home button)!
    SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Also, if the phone is on a computer desk in front of you, the cable will not be getting in the way of the screen if it plugs into the bottom.
    Or even just in your hand. I find taking pics with the headphones in sometimes the cable gets in the way of the lens. Wouldn't be a problem with the jack at the bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Dades wrote: »
    I'm on for the jack at the bottom too.
    Except when you have your mic'd headphones in you can answer the call without taking it out of your pocket (and can see who's calling without pressing the home button)!

Or even just in your hand. I find taking pics with the headphones in sometimes the cable gets in the way of the lens. Wouldn't be a problem with the jack at the bottom.

Have to agree, my phone jack is on the bottom and i like it there, when using my ipod touch it annoys me as it gets in the way.

Die Hard Apple fans will not like it, but after a few days will get used to it and say apple did it better then everyone else :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭petiha

I think it's better to have the jack on the top...

Imagine having the charger and earphone plugged in (both at the bottom of the phone) and trying to use it in landscape mode... it would almost be unaccessable :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,173 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Much prefer the headphone jack on the top, especially for use with armbands for exercising, cycling etc. Even just if your phone is in your pocket it'll have to be upside-down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Penn wrote: »
    Much prefer the headphone jack on the top, especially for use with armbands for exercising, cycling etc. Even just if your phone is in your pocket it'll have to be upside-down.

My phone is almost always upside down in my pocket. Don't have to flip it when i take it out. Plus its easier to take out when i have it connected to earphones.

Regardless of what peoples opinions are , it looks like the headphone jack will be on the bottom. With the amount of leaked images, i'll be very surprised if it on the top

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

This reminds me of debate about the upside-down Apple logo on the old Powerbooks. Many people passionately argued that the logo should be orientated to face the user while closed (meaning it was upside-down while open). Once the change was made everyone forgot about it.

Having the headphone jack it on the top never made any sense to me. Every time I take the phone out of my pocket while listening to music I have to rotate it. The only reason Apple didn't put it on the bottom to begin with was because the dock connector took up too much space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Penn wrote: »

What difference would it make if your phone is upside down in your pocket?

As for exercising, just turn the phone around and most exercise apps will change orientation anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I prefer it on top. Its just easier to keep the earphones in the phone while docked..

Kenno90 wrote: »
    My phone is almost always upside down in my pocket. Don't have to flip it when i take it out.
    And that places the speakers at the top of your pocket so you can hear call alerts etc.

Mr.S wrote: »
    But you'd have earphones in so you'd hear the alert through the headphones?
    The post I referred to suggested why the phone might normally be upside-down in your pocket anyway - headphones or not. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Having the headphone jack it on the top never made any sense to me.

it makes perfect sense, it rains alot in Ireland, having it at the top meant the headphone jack blocked rain's access to your phone,

now its going to drip into the dock connector and speakers! :(

hoodwinked wrote: »
    it makes perfect sense, it rains alot in Ireland, having it at the top meant the headphone jack blocked rain's access to your phone,

now its going to drip into the dock connector and speakers! :(

that literally makes no sense..

miralize wrote: »
    that literally makes no sense..

well if the headphone jack is on the same end of the dock connector and speakers,

when its headphone side up in my jeans pocket when im walking outside in the rain the rain will now drip into the phone where before it wouldn't!

well if the headphone jack is on the same end of the dock connector and speakers,

when its headphone side up in my jeans pocket when im walking outside in the rain the rain will now drip into the phone where before it wouldn't!

Fair enough, but i'm guessing you could just put the phone upsidedown in the pocket, that way everything is protected..

miralize wrote: »
    Fair enough, but i'm guessing you could just put the phone upsidedown in the pocket, that way everything is protected..

but then i loose the phone length worth of cord on the headphones! :(

the cords are usually too long anyway... or just maks sure that you're phone doesn't get wet..

To be fair, that would knacker your headphones fairly quick.

look at this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA6p0YD3iB0

it's funny how Apple can (try to) suceed without copying Samsung :)

What?

(a) Those phones are hugely different, and (b) the new iPhone isn't going to look like that.

That video is a waste of bandwidth.

Dades wrote: »
    What?

(a) Those phones are hugely different, and (b) the new iPhone isn't going to look like that.

That video is a waste of bandwidth.

All I meant is that Samsung needed Apple to suceed, however Apple doesn't need Samsung to suceed (based on the prototypes, Apple is not giving a fu*k about Samsung's successful desings). :)

• Advertisement

Uh, okay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sweet jaysis.

In all my years of wearing jeans I've never got rain in the pockets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

petiha wrote: »
    All I meant is that Samsung needed Apple to suceed, however Apple doesn't need Samsung to suceed (based on the prototypes, Apple is not giving a fu*k about Samsung's successful desings). :)

Why would they give a toss about Samsungs designs? They are fugly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Confirmed. Apple just sent out invites for the September 12th event.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement