Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Garden and Theatre

Options
  • 29-07-2012 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

What is the verdict on this new place? I have not been yet. Is it drawing the same crowd as the Old Cp's? if so i will be keeping a wide berth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The tiles outside make it look like a public toilet.

(you asked ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

JustMary wrote: »
    The tiles outside make it look like a public toilet.

(you asked ;) )

Exactly what we were saying as we were passing the last day.
    Hopefully people will start calling it "the Toilet" or somesuch. "Electric Garden and Theatre" is a bit long-winded anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Doesn't seem to be getting the queues that Central Park had but that may change when the students reappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

I went last night. Wasn't too busy at all, I think the layout is quite confusing. Cool smoking area though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Was in there for their opening night last thursday for atrak.

I hadnt been in CP's in about 7 years so i never saw the most recent refitting, 2-3 years ago?

The layout is a bit like Halo from what i can remember, lots of small areas.
    The area where the stage was for Atrak was WAY too small, the dancefloor was completley heaving, didnt look comfortable at all. The backdrop of LED lighting behind the djs was pretty cool.
    The Funktion1 soundsystem was on hire, not a permenant fixture from what ive heard.

The crowd was very very young, looked like a lot of under 18's - may have been because of the music im not sure but i wouldnt be rushing back there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Wish they would get rid of that mobile telly that they have driving around town all week. Bloody thing freaks me out every time it passes the window.

• Subscribers Posts: 171 ✭✭Night Falls

Best of luck to them, at least they're trying to do something different with the place with some of the bookings they're getting in. I have my doubts as to whether the market is there for it in Galway (with regards to the size of the venue), I guess we'll see soon enough.

• Subscribers Posts: 171 ✭✭Night Falls

Wish they would get rid of that mobile telly that they have driving around town all week. Bloody thing freaks me out every time it passes the window.

I haven't seen it yet, but it can't be much worse than Coyote's sheriff's car that you'd see around town. It makes me unreasonably angry any time I see it, and I'm not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I've heard their doing pizza- anyone have it?

Advertisement