Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick weight loss!! :/

Options
  • 29-07-2012 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey everyone. I've been struggling to lose weight for a while now. I get plenty of exercise. I guess my eating habits are the problem- too many carbs!
    Its Sunday evening now, and I have a big thing planned with friends from Thursday til Monday. I've been steadily trying to lose weight and I haven't had the best results, and while I know you can't lose THAT much in 3 days, what is the best way to lose something?!
    My legs are what I'd like to tone up the most, so in 3 days what should I be eating and what kinda exercises should I do?
    Also, I'm aware I'll have nowhere near my ideal body by then, but my weight and looks get me down so much that it ruins fun plans with friends, and I really don't want that to happen again. They all always look so much better than me that it gets me so down 2.gif So how can I forget that and be happy?! 2.gif
    Any advice at all but be extremely appreciated! Thanks a mil!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Bit more self confidence would be my answer, we all would like to change things about ourselves but we shouldn't never care how others perceive us.
    Also if you want to change you should be doing it for you and not others.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lorrim

You're not going to make a noticeable difference to your size in 3 days... But you can make a big change to your outlook. Start now, read the stickies on nutrition and in the health & fitness forum. Make notes, plan what changes you are willing to. Plan your days - when can you exercise, what will you eat (how much & when). Be ready for when you get back from your trip.

It's taken me 3 months to get to the point where I am happy with my progress, I didn't put this 3 stone on over night and I know I wont lose it that quick... if i do it will be back just as soon.

I've completely changed my relationship with food - I now eat 3 meals & 2 snacks. I don't reach for the chocolate or crisps from boredom in front of the tv. I exercise before work, because I know I could think of a billion excuses to go straight home after work.

I don't cook dinner everyday, when I do I make 4 or 6 portions & freeze.
    Healthy ready meals at hand :)

I felt much the same around my friends, I was always the biggest... My best friend is a size 4! and me at a 14 looked huge beside her! Now I'm working on losing fat, building muscle and confidence!

In these 3 days, eat well, cut out as much processed foods as possible. Lots of lean protein & veg/salad... You will need to post your diet to get the best advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hellosunshine2

I think you should first learn to accept who and what you are. Then you need to improve your self confidence. By this you need to try to shed off some weight. You said you're having trouble with your diet but you can overcome this by integrating healthy foods in your diet slowly. Don't do it drastically for you will end up eating unhealthy meals. Also, you can find healthy foods that mixes really well with your current diet. These ways will help you change your current diet into a healthy one. Also when it comes to exercise, I suggest you find an exercise that connects with who you are. Like, if you're into sports, you can try swimming, running or hiking if not, and you're a bit of a dancer, you can try zumba to shed off weight. As long as you're having fun in these exercises, you will have a great chance of sticking to it in the long run.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

chelsea271 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I've been struggling to lose weight for a while now. I get plenty of exercise. I guess my eating habits are the problem- too many carbs!
    Its Sunday evening now, and I have a big thing planned with friends from Thursday til Monday. I've been steadily trying to lose weight and I haven't had the best results, and while I know you can't lose THAT much in 3 days, what is the best way to lose something?!
    My legs are what I'd like to tone up the most, so in 3 days what should I be eating and what kinda exercises should I do?
    Also, I'm aware I'll have nowhere near my ideal body by then, but my weight and looks get me down so much that it ruins fun plans with friends, and I really don't want that to happen again. They all always look so much better than me that it gets me so down 2.gif So how can I forget that and be happy?! 2.gif
    Any advice at all but be extremely appreciated! Thanks a mil!!

Did you really ask about weight loss in 3 days? Are you sure you didn't mean 3 months, which in itself, would be considered rapid weight loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kelly0909

It's impossible to lose weight in 3 days but you can lose weight in 2 or 3 months. For workout exercises you can run or walk on the treadmill at 2 to 3 mph. Ride a bike at 10 mph, swim laps, jumping jacks, jump rope, cardio for 30 minutes, jog in place and walk for 15 minutes three times a week. Try some of these exercises and be consistent this can help you get started on losing weight.

Also for a diet eat baked fish, boiled chicken, baked chicken, vegetables, oatmeal, fruits and take vitamins, minerals and fiber. Good luck on your weight loss goal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement