Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a laptop fixed

Options
  • 29-07-2012 7:19pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know where would be a good place to have my laptop fixed? I've had it for four years so it's not covered under warranty anymore, and anyway I bought it in Ireland. Basically I dropped it and the casing around the screen is cracked and loose, although the screen itself is fine and the laptop still works. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The main thing i'd say is beware any of the repair shops on Tottenham court road, they are almost all cowboys (I've dealt with them through work and wouldn't trust 'em as far as I could crap 'em). Assuming the replacement parts can be had easily via amazon/ebay, your best bet is probably to be nice to some sysadmin/techie you know and ask them if they can help sort it out *cough cough*

Advertisement