Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CF Card lost footage

• 29-07-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi there,

Was at a drifting event all this weekend and was filming saturday and sunday. Filmed saturday no prob, an transfered files across to computer no prob. Put card in camera this morning, formatted it and switched it from 24fps to 25fps(maybe not relevant but not sure what to do). Filmed for the day today and items were loading to card as was able to replay them all day long. went to load them to my comp this evening and its showing up saturdays footage on the card rather than todays, put the card back in the camera so see if i could see them on that again and it tells me "cannot play back image" and a picture of a question mark.

Has this ever happened to anyone before and if so, how to i resolve it? I havnt deleted anything so should be on the card right??

Paddy

PS using mac in case theres a program out there.
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I formatted and reused a CF in my camera without taking off my photos by accident. I used this app to recover the photos I hadn't overwritten with new stuff:

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/photos-recovery-guru/id486227906?mt=12

Your description sounds odd never heard of something like that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Crazy World

Hi,
    Did you get anywhere with this problem?

Ro
    Hi there,

Was at a drifting event all this weekend and was filming saturday and sunday. Filmed saturday no prob, an transfered files across to computer no prob. Put card in camera this morning, formatted it and switched it from 24fps to 25fps(maybe not relevant but not sure what to do). Filmed for the day today and items were loading to card as was able to replay them all day long. went to load them to my comp this evening and its showing up saturdays footage on the card rather than todays, put the card back in the camera so see if i could see them on that again and it tells me "cannot play back image" and a picture of a question mark.

Has this ever happened to anyone before and if so, how to i resolve it? I havnt deleted anything so should be on the card right??

Paddy

PS using mac in case theres a program out there.
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It could be that the computer had indexed the card so it's easier to search as if it has a hard drive and when the card was hooked up again it saw all the data was different and thought there was something very wrong and flagged it as corrupt.

All the data should be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

try it on a different computer. turn everything off and on again etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this topic.

Never got my footage back unfort, tried 3 different shops / programs to try retrieve the data, but what I'm sure the problem was that When i opened my laptop and plugged the card in, the two just surged together and ended up in the loss of the footage! so always let your comp load up before plugging in the card is my advice!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement