Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voluntary Work Placement for PLC course

• 29-07-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hey,
    Hoping someone can help me with this. Come September I will be doing a year long Foundation Science course in Killester College with the hopes of going on to University to study Biology. An essential part of my course is my Work Placement Module which I must secure before I start my course but a few labs I'v sent letters to have said that they can't take me on. I'm kind of starting to panic now because the course starts in around a months time and I haven't gotten a place. I'v tried Beaumont and The Mater hospital but i'm not really sure where else I could find a biological lab. Any one got any idea's?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Try universities. Each one will have a whole host of labs doing different work from cancer to nanomedicine to genetics...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

Thanks IrishKnight... I'l send some emails out and hopefully I can get a place :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

If you need any other help re contacting profs etc, give me a shout as I work in a lab in a uni...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

I sent a few emails around and got a reply from the Biomedical diagnostics department in DCU so I should find out in the next few days if I have a place.. If I need any more help I'l be sure to contact you. Really appreciate the help :)

Advertisement