Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed Creating an InDesign Booklet

Options
  • 29-07-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,
    I'm trying to create a 16-page booklet in Indesign which I will eventually print on A4 paper folded to A6 (double sided). I was wondering if anyone can give me step-by-step instructions as to the initial set up... Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Just set up your document as a 16pg A4 as standard don't worry about how it finishes just talk to your printer as they will sort this.

Are you sure you want it to fold to A6 and not A5 after you print a 16pg saddle stitch A4??

What weight paper are you putting it on? Folding to A6 might cause problems but again talk to your printer and they will advise you.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

If you set up your 16 page booklet using the actual finished page size (say you want an A5 booklet). The printer will print this on A4 horizontal usually if you want it folded into an A5

cover page, blank page for inside cover and pull your text into following pages you can then format your headers, sub heads, pull in your graphics into the relevant page if you are using them. And typeset the contents how you want them to appear on each A5 page. You can't expect a printer to deal with typesetting issues as they will probably expect a print-ready high resolution pdf and will print as laid out by the typesetter. Sorry not too familiar with Indesign as QuarkXpress is what I know. You can check for widows/orphans and insert hard page breaks say at end of chapters if you want them to start on top of following page.

The OP said they want a 16pg A4 folded to A6 not A5, the actual finished page size is A4 not A5/A6. The A6 folded size I would imagine is what they are looking to fit into a envelope for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

In that case make your document page size A6 measuring 105 × 148 millimeters or 4.13 × 5.83 inches and flow your text in.

You still don't understand, It's 16pages of A4 which will be saddle stitched and then folded to A6. You can't get 16pages of A6 out of one individual A4 page.

• Advertisement
Advertisement