Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cctv recorder not working

Options
  • 29-07-2012 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi - I need to get DVD recorder (Northwood) which is hooked up to cctv cameras reparied - cameras are working but dvd recorder keeps telling me that a new disk has been found and asking me if I wish to format it yet it wont let me say yes or no. It is even asking this when there is no dvd in the drive.

Can anyone recommend someone reliable in or around Wexford town? Or alternatively suggest what might be wrong with the recorder!?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

Ok since I've not got any replies to original post I beginning to think I may have to buy a new recorder. Anyone got any pointers as to what I should be looking for? I want to spend as little as possible but def no more that €250 - €300

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

I used to use a Litheon DVD/Hard Drive recorder to record my cameras. So if you are keeping your set-up go for a Hard Drive recorder.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Mocrie14 wrote: »
    Hi - I need to get DVD recorder (Northwood) which is hooked up to cctv cameras reparied - cameras are working but dvd recorder keeps telling me that a new disk has been found and asking me if I wish to format it yet it wont let me say yes or no. It is even asking this when there is no dvd in the drive.

Can anyone recommend someone reliable in or around Wexford town? Or alternatively suggest what might be wrong with the recorder!?

Thanks

Whats the make & model of the DVR. Sounds like it could the hard drive. Might be worth getting it looked at first.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Whats the make & model of the DVR. Sounds like it could the hard drive. Might be worth getting it looked at first.

Thanks for your reply. The only brand name on the recorder in "Northwood Technologies" and the model number is '4CH 160mb'.

Northwood technologies are a Dublin company - www.northwoodtechnology.ie
    I presume they've just branded the machine themselves?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its probably a Capture unit. I have had a few issues with HDDs on them.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Its probably a Capture unit. I have had a few issues with HDDs on them.

Yes it does say Capture - worth getting fixed you think?

Not a bad machine. It would be worth getting Northwood to take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Captures are heaps of junks. You can get decent enough, entry level DVR's for a few hundred quid now and they'd be twice the machine of the capture.

The only issues Ive had are HDDs & the odd PSU. But yes if the cost of repaire os €100+ go for a new machine.

Thanks for you replies - I will explore both options. Any recommendations as to a good place to buy a new machine?

• Advertisement
Advertisement