Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Wing Mirror

• 29-07-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Came out of home today to find the mirror part of my wing mirror on the ground broke in half i would say a kick of a football:mad:

Just wondering would ye know of any garages that I would be able to get a quick repair and not cost to much, its just the mirror gone. Ford focus i have.

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

Ring one of the scrapyards, bob sweenys would be your best bet, not too difficult to fit, anyone with a screwdriver would be able to do it, plenty of vids on YouTube, going to a garage could cost you an arm and a leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is it just the glass part that is broke or the housing also?

The likes of Halfords can supply you with replacement glass. For the housing you will need to go to a scrap yard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I picked up a replacement glass on ebay earlier in the year,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Happened to me before just the same as you OP :mad:

Just went to a scrap yard and got the full wing mirror and replaced it myself,
    Pretty simple all you need in the way of tools is a socket wrench if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

If it's only the glass, as said before, a stick-on replacement is 14 squids in Halfords (and possibly cheaper elsewhere).
    http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?srch=replacement+wing+mirror+glass&department=all&action=search&storeId=11101&catalogId=15551&langId=-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭roseagra

Same happened to me, just needed the stick on mirror replacement, got it on ebay but if it's only €14 in halfords that is prob your best bet. It was a little bit cheaper on ebay but not by much and you'll have it fairly soon if you can get it locally.

Also I wouldn't recommend any of the breakers etc as they were quoting me €50+ for the full mirror when all I needed was the mirror glass.

Best of luck and it's dead easy to fit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Any motor factors will have replacement mirror , probably fit it for you too if they're not busy. Expect to pay €10-€15.

Advertisement