Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Domino Scheme

Options
  • 29-07-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

If there are any complications during birth with the Domino Scheme is there any contact / access to a Gynae?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Of course there would be, there's always a resident consultant obstetrician on duty to deal with emergencies during labour in all the maternity hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Tricky1979 wrote: »
    If there are any complications during birth with the Domino Scheme is there any contact / access to a Gynae?

Thanks

Yes, i had a consultant present for my son's birth due to complications. The midwives called one as soon as it was obvious that baby was struggling. There were other extra medical professionals present as well, such as a pediatrician.

I also saw a consultant on my last hospital appointment, i was 40+2. All earlier apts were with midwives only.

Advertisement