Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groundbait in Bulk??

Options
  • 29-07-2012 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Does anyone know where or if i can buy groundbait in bulk....even boxes of the 1kg bags if they were cheaper in bulk would be fine....iv been using more groundbait this year than previous years and am finding it very expensive.....4 or even 5 euro a bag....and go through 2 per session!!!add in pellet,maggot,corn or whatever and it adds up....so im looking to see if i can get enough to last the next 2 months or so until i finish up with the tenching and switch over to piking for the colder months!!!any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I don't coarse fish anymore but used to buy breadcrumb in bulk and then mix is with the likes of sensas. A lot of people I know do this so it may be something to think about. As for the 1kg bags there were great offers at the fishing show this year, not sure about now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You can get the big sacks(25kg) of white or brown crumb for about €30 in most tackle shops. Not sure of your location but, if you go to the tackle shop in the Space Store in Prosperous, they will do you a box of grounbait for a really good price.

An excellent, cheaper option would be pig meal. 25kg bag for €9.50 is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

Your local tackle shop should be able to do you a deal. Ask them and then ask around.

If your drawing a blank send me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

Super-Rush wrote: »
    An excellent, cheaper option would be pig meal. 25kg bag for €9.50 is great value.

Be carefull of Pig meal in particular. It often contains antibiotics and/or zinc which is not a great thing to be putting in the water.

If your going to use farm feed then maybe try flaked maize soaked in hot water and then add layers mash to dry it out enough to ball up.

This should be used more as a prebait than a groundbait..

I know where the OP is coming from though as I use about 20 bags a week

• Advertisement

Macspower wrote: »
    Be carefull of Pig meal in particular. It often contains antibiotics and/or zinc which is not a great thing to be putting in the water.

If your going to use farm feed then maybe try flaked maize soaked in hot water and then add layers mash to dry it out enough to ball up.

This should be used more as a prebait than a groundbait..

I know where the OP is coming from though as I use about 20 bags a week

Depends where you buy it.

Couple of the lads were down in Coachford a week ago and the place selling the permits were selling the pigmeal as well.

Advertisement