Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New skin selected but still displaying in old skin

Options
  • 29-07-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭

Hi there
    On one of my laptops the new skin wouldn't show as I was still running IE7. I've subsequently upgraded to IE8 but the new skin still won't show. I've gone into my CP and selected new beta skin but that hasn't worked. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Old skin FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

just do it wrote: »
    Hi there
    On one of my laptops the new skin wouldn't show as I was still running IE7. I've subsequently upgraded to IE8 but the new skin still won't show. I've gone into my CP and selected new beta skin but that hasn't worked. Any suggestions?

The database says you are on the default style, which is the new skin. Can you try clearing your cookies and logging out and back in again for me?

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

The database says you are on the default style, which is the new skin. Can you try clearing your cookies and logging out and back in again for me?

Danny

I've done the above and it still isn't working. It appears when I log in it associates my profile as being linked to IE7 on this laptop. Before logging in I'm presented with the new skin as in the following screenshot:
    screenshot1gx.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Then I log in and it reverts to the old skin as it thinks I'm still on IE7. As you can see from the next screenshot I'm definitely on IE8.
    screenshot2qis.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

On my other laptop I don't have this issue. What next?!

Go here and paste your user agent data (in the box above the Analyze my UA) into a post here :)

Danny

Go here and paste your user agent data (in the box above the Analyze my UA) into a post here :)

Danny

By God Danny, that's quick!! Here you go, looks like it's registering as I'm still on IE7:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.3; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; msn OptimizedIE8;ENIE)

• Advertisement

It would appear your browser is choosing to display Boards.ie in IE7 compatibility mode. I'll check this out on my own XP installation tomorrow and see if there's anything that can be done for you.

Danny

Thanks Danny, I appreciate the help (not to mention the prompt out-of-hours service;)).

Out of interest I ran the same user-info-string on the other laptop and that is showing I'm on IE8 and hence I've no problems on that laptop:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.3; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3; BRI/2)

The one I'm having problems with is a Samsung NC10, although that shouldn't make any difference I think!

Bump - still not sorted;)

Bump, anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Can you take a look in Tools-> Compatibility View Settings and ensure boards.ie isn't listed there and the "Display all websites in Compatibility View" check box is unchecked.

Can you take a look in Tools-> Compatibility View Settings and ensure boards.ie isn't listed there and the "Display all websites in Compatibility View" check box is unchecked.
    Thanks Paddy

boards.ie wasn't listed but unchecking the "display all websites in compatibility view" did the trick.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement