Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clay shooting, do I need my own shotgun?

• 29-07-2012 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭

Do I need my own shotgun to go clay shooting in Ireland, can you hire a gun at the facility to shoot clays for a few hours or is that legal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

No, that's legal enough (well, assuming it's done the right way, naturally). Places like Courtlough do this every day under section 2(4)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭jaksnipe

what is section 2(4)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Section 2(4) of the Firearms Act virminhunter. It (and 2(3)) set out the circumstances where you don't need to have a firearms licence to possess and use a firearm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Do I need my own shotgun to go clay shooting in Ireland, can you hire a gun at the facility to shoot clays for a few hours or is that legal?

Happens everyday except Monday in Hilltop, you will probably get a bit of free tuition as well :-)

Advertisement