Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing in greenore.

Options
  • 29-07-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

hi just wondering if any one could advise me as to the best time of day to catch a few fish in greenore plz? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

Fished for cod, mackeral and dogfish years ago, High tide at night time was more successful.
    Mackeral can be caught, although I would say it's a bit early in the year. Might get the odd one.
    Night time fishing can be more relaxed as during the day, a lot of amatures swing spinners and feathers as if they want to hook your ear.
    Enjoy.........
    I keep saying that i will get back into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

I was out at 5:30 in the morning on Sat and reeled in 16 Mackerel in an Hour at High tide at Greenore. During the day is extremely busy this year. Head out very Late/Early for a more relaxing day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

definitely early if you dont want dozens of others around.
    Mackerel like the sun I believe and fish better in daylight.
    (I stand corrected on that though)
    Also the times the tide turns are best....either out and coming in.....or in fully and just starting to go out. So all depends on those times really.
    But I live in greenore and see the hoards of people out along the shore line.....I would like others suggest the early tides.

Advertisement