Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wire haired Jack Russell?

• 29-07-2012 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

I'm looking for two rough/wired hair Jack Russell puppy's bitches if possible!

Are these hard to find?? We looked on DoneDeal but couldn't see any.

Are they rare or else I'm not looking in the right place or calling them the wrong name!

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

No you've got the right name. I have a wire hair jack russel, i wasn't looking for one but got her. You're going to hear horror stories about donedeal but I got Moone from there and she is perfectly healthy. You just need to keep searching, smooth hair jack russels can have wirehaired puppies, theres usually loads of wirehair jack russels in rescue centres, have you searched in them?

Also if you are dead set on getting a wirehair prepare for hairs EVERYWHERE! or spend at least four hours hand stripping the coat in the summer or give a small fortune to a groomer to do it. I hand strip moone every summer and my wrist kills me for about two days afterwards.

All that said great choice on breed of dog, Jack russels are one of the best personalities you'll ever find, they are little geniuses, you can teach them anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lostlad

Well..was looking for one of these aswell but we might aswell go for two ordinary short hair Jack Russell's, looks like the rough haired are to hard to find.

Does any one know of any good breeders or reputable people to buy off? I hate the thought of buying off some puppy farm trading on DoneDeal!

Northwest/East if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 niall_Lynch

Hi,

Did you ever find anyone breeding wire haired Jack Russells?
    I am looking for one myself and they are hard to find.

Regards,

Niall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Niall i know someone fostering 2 tan wirehaired pups at the minute if you want to PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Contact the Jack Russell Club of Ireland but to be honest no reputable breeder will sell you two puppies if they are going to the same home.

Both wire coated and smooth coated are recognised by the IKC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Tinbox

Just saw this post, see below, did you find any?

Unfortunately I have to rehome one of my dogs (one of two Jack Russells).

Jasper is finding it hard to adjust to our now 3 year old child living (and playing!) in the same house and he would suit a home with older kids.

There have been no incidents of snapping or biting, he is just finding it hard to adjust and instead of pushing the issue with him, which may lead to an incident, we have decided to rehome him.

If you know of anyone who may be looking to offer a dog a good home, please let me know. Photo attached.

A bit about Jasper:

 Jack Russell
     Pedigree
     Male
     Black/White/Brown
     Wire hair (very rarely sheds, if at all)
     5 years old
     Irish Kennel Club Registered
     Micro chipped
     Neutered
     Kennel Cough treated
     Has always slept outdoors (in a dog house)
     Is house trained and brought in during the severe winter months
     Does not chew furniture
     Does not dig up the garden
     Loves walks and will chase a ball in a park for hours (literally hours!)
     Lead trained, however can be a barky on the lead in the presence of other dogs
     Does not particularly like the vet, but what dog would

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭markg86

SingItOut wrote: »
    No you've got the right name. I have a wire hair jack russel, i wasn't looking for one but got her. You're going to hear horror stories about donedeal but I got Moone from there and she is perfectly healthy. You just need to keep searching, smooth hair jack russels can have wirehaired puppies, theres usually loads of wirehair jack russels in rescue centres, have you searched in them?

Also if you are dead set on getting a wirehair prepare for hairs EVERYWHERE! or spend at least four hours hand stripping the coat in the summer or give a small fortune to a groomer to do it. I hand strip moone every summer and my wrist kills me for about two days afterwards.

All that said great choice on breed of dog, Jack russels are one of the best personalities you'll ever find, they are little geniuses, you can teach them anything :)

no true regards the sheding they in fact shed much less than the smooth jack russels. I know this as I have one of each.

Advertisement