Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you turn an almost one night stand into something more?

Options
  • 29-07-2012 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So during the week I was out with a few friends and ended up meeting a friend of a friend. We ended u chatting and flirting back and forth for the night. I ended up going back to his, we spent the time messing around but did not sleep together.. Two days later we ended up spending about 3/4 hours talking on FB in which he essentially told me his life story/burnt me a DVD/ said he wanted to go see spiderman if i got the chance/ told me about where he ultimately wants to end up in life despite him thinking its embarrassing and then talking about me.... now 2 days ago i had to go and pick up a jacket i left behind at his while he was in work as he isnt usually in my area of town unless he's at the shop, but i never got the DVD, i didn't want to ask about it then coz his boss was around but i really want the DVD, is it okay to message him about it?

i'm also wondering if its possible to turn an Almost one night stand into something considering we have A LOT of friends in common and know we'll see each other again????
    I'm not sure how i feel about him but wouldnt mind getting to know him better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

go for it!!! what are you waiting for!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭LottieP25

Similar story as you!

Year later and still happy , go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Is it even a one-night-stand if you've been in contact since? Sounds more like a "first night" than a once-off tbh.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Last April I married my one night stand!!

go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

omg, what is the problem? ask him does he want to go out for a drink sometime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Eh, he already asked you out.....
    said he wanted to go see spiderman if i got the chance

Just message him and tell him you want to go see spiderman. Don't ask for the dvd as he may then wonder if it's just the dvd you're after.
    Confirm the date first, then get the dvd ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 glencoco

I wasn't sure if he meant it or not, but i'll see, think i will ask him later.

I'm not usually this proactive about seeing someone, is it alright to be the one suggesting to go out?

glencoco wrote: »
    I wasn't sure if he meant it or not, but i'll see, think i will ask him later.

I'm not usually this proactive about seeing someone, is it alright to be the one suggesting to go out?

He was the one who suggested it though :p

Personally I'd email him your number and say "we must meet up for that film sometime" and then play the waiting game. But not for too long. If he hasn't taken the bait within a week cut him loose. (Personally for me a week would be too long, I'd give it 4-5 days, but I'm impatient ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3 glencoco

ok so i saw him again on tuesday night and was talking to him for a bit and he apologised for lack of DVD and said we needed to see spiderman soon so i was like i will message you when i get my rota for work.
    he also was like the DVD is going to cost you, which meant i had to take his number. after i left him he was sending me really flirty IM's on FB saying he was sad i left and wanted to see me again..

but i just sent him a message on FB there to organise to see him to get the DVD and film, which FB tells me he saw, but i got no reply and he went offline a minute later...

should i leave it a while to try again and does anyone think it was just a case of him not being able to respond?

Sorry for all the questions, hopeless when it comes to dealing with guys, and this one isn't like other guys think he may be a bit shy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Missy Moo Moo

glencoco wrote: »
    ok so i saw him again on tuesday night and was talking to him for a bit and he apologised for lack of DVD and said we needed to see spiderman soon so i was like i will message you when i get my rota for work.
    he also was like the DVD is going to cost you, which meant i had to take his number. after i left him he was sending me really flirty IM's on FB saying he was sad i left and wanted to see me again..

but i just sent him a message on FB there to organise to see him to get the DVD and film, which FB tells me he saw, but i got no reply and he went offline a minute later...

should i leave it a while to try again and does anyone think it was just a case of him not being able to respond?

Sorry for all the questions, hopeless when it comes to dealing with guys, and this one isn't like other guys think he may be a bit shy.

Hi,

I would leave it and not do anything else, you've made the move so it's up to him now to respond.

As for what him going offline after seeing the message, that could be simply a case of him having to go somewhere. Don't try and speculate as it will all become clear in a few days. If he doesn't get back to you in a few days then I'd just forget about it all.

• Advertisement

Give him a couple of days. He might have seen your message and then wanted to sort out his own schedule to fit in the date.
    Give him a chance.

If in 2 or 3 days he hasn't responded then you can start worrying ;)

Advertisement