Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai on M50 tonight?

Options
  • 29-07-2012 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why there are garda posted every kilometer or so along the m50 southbound this evening. From airport as far as finglas including the slip road. There not checking speed or anything. Just standing alone in the cold on their phones. Seems odd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

Slunk wrote: »
    Anyone know why there are garda posted every kilometer or so along the m50 southbound this evening. From airport as far as finglas including the slip road. There not checking speed or anything. Just standing alone in the cold on their phones. Seems odd

Saw this as well.. they were set up as far as the n3 interchange ..something is going on alright

Was a few on the northbound as well but loads on the southbound ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Can hear sirens going off everywhere where I am... There's defo something happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Corrib hole drilling yoke being transported to mayo from dublin port.

All the guards and sirens just for that?!?

Yeah, alot of people still unhappy about the whole Shell operation up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

Crusties

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Probably off topic but can someone summarise the issue with Shell and all that? Googling just brings up a load of "SHELL IZ EVIL" stuff. I'd like to hear both sides.

People with lots of time on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

Living off the state

Wow! They need to get over it!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭highdef

Yup, I was heading home on the N4/M4. Passed a car at Liffey Valley, another just before Texaco and then at least one on EVERY overbridge and junction thereafter and there are quite a few. I exited at junction 8. There were 2 cars there. And then when I was driving over the M4 on the local road to home, there was another car on the overbridge there. What a fu%king waste of resources just to transport a bit of hardware. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Yeah,how dare people object to a high pressure gas pipeline pass right next to their homes!

This is what pipeline engineer Dr. Richard Kupriewicz said about the pipeline:

"The terrain makes escape routes for the clustered population essentially impossible in the event of a pipeline rupture".

It was initially refused PP because in the words of ABP inspector Kevin Moore: "It is my submission that the proposed development of a large gas processing terminal at this rural, scenic, and unserviced area on a bogland hill some 8 kilometres inland from the Mayo coastland landfall location, with all its site development works difficulties, public safety concerns, adverse visual, ecological, and traffic impacts, and a range of other significant environmental impacts, defies any rational understanding of the term “sustainability”.But naturally Shell just greased some palms on PP was granted eventually.

If you can get a hold of this documentary I'd highly recommend giving it a watch,you won't find any ''crusties'' in it,just local people who don't want their homes/livelihoods ruined by Shell and the Irish Govt:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This is not the forum for discussing the issue of Shell in Mayo.

Please take all such discussions to the Mayo Forum, thanks.

If anyone else comments on anything other than the Gardaí placement along the M50 last night, bans will be handed out.

Advertisement