Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite cigarette

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭james no.1

no one likes a pedantic sap...doyler 92 that is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Because it's a piece of paper with glue on it at the end of the day :pac:

That's a good point, sure you can buy bongs and stuff too! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Doyler92 wrote: »
    I think you should check your grammar here. If I'm right you have just said that if you do not smoke it will kill you.

I think the sentence you needed to produce should of being " no, smoking kills"

Thanks for listening.
    Isn't this also incorrect? " No 'smoking kills' " would be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I tried Benson & Hedges and Major but found them too strong
    Tried Silk Cut Purple but too weak,
    So I liked Carrolls, they were just right.

You're like a smoke-fuelled Goldilocks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Doyler92 wrote: »
    I think you should check your grammar here. If I'm right you have just said that if you do not smoke it will kill you.

I think the sentence you needed to produce should of being " no, smoking kills"

Thanks for listening.

You've a bit of a neck criticizing someone's grammar when your grasp of the language is barely average.... "should of being"???

Anywho, when I used to smoke it was mainly B&H although I smoked Carroll's, Major, JP blue, Rothmans and Silk Cut purple for Periods of time also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

james no.1 wrote: »
    yeah anyone who buys extra long skins...we all know what thats for ;)
    surprisingly few buy the classic marlboro red or lucky strike. but you should all try winston. give it a chance you wont be disappointed

Hold on a minute! My JTI rep didn't tell me that the Winston sales commision promotion had started already??:eek:

I like the way you held back the real reason for your post till post #10 ;)

Fellow boardsies, he doesn't really give a fiddlers what or why you smoke what you do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Used to smoke benson, then smoked amber leaf in college and now I smoke malbro trying to curve the habit :o not really working considering I'd fly through the box in a day :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Post coitus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

And his dad wins... FATHER OF THE YEAR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Malboro lights on payday..(yes, I am a respectable girl) ;)

The rest of the week, I have resorted to rolling amber leaf! My rolling skills are still a bit hasty tho! But smokable!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Couldn't remember all the different cigarettes I have smoked.

Now I smoke long ones - if I smoke normal length I'll go through nearly 20 a day. Smoking long ones I'll smoke 10 or 11 a day. Keeps the cost down a lot.

I usually smoke Marlboro Lights 100's if they don't have them I'll smoke JPS Blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

I am a Benson man.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

im super posh with my all white cigarettes with the interesting button on the filter...

tis ony silk cut choice, used to smoke half silk cut purple and then click for the mint, but now i smoke it all menthol

also handy when OH run out of fags, he doesnt like menthol

pal mall click are grand too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

A mate of mine smokes silk cut slims. They're the thickness of a filter. One drag and the things gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

I've cut back on smoking a lot because I can't afford them. If I smoke when drunk it would ideally be Marlboro Red or Lucky Strike Red.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Found a pack of camels on the bus home last night, 15 cigs in it.
    Don't smoke though.

Will sell for €6 ono

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm a " scauldy type" smoker.
    How dare you OP!
    Btw its John Player Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Marlboro touch, becauseeeee thinner and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Found a pack of camels on the bus home last night, 15 cigs in it.
    Don't smoke though.

Will sell for €6 ono
    I'm sure whoever bought them has the hump now :)
    I started off with B&H. Since then I've tried Carrolls, Silk Cut purple and choice, Superking menthol, Marlboro ordinary and lights and John Player blue and red. For any of ye with problems rolling cigarettes there's a machine out now that rolls them for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Predictions concerning who smokes John Player Blue are scarily accurate from my experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Bastards!!! I miss smoking.

Sure go on just have the one...

Smoke B&H first then gave up for ages. Went back smoking and couldn't stand them for some reason so switched to John Player. Now smoke the green Golden Virginia but am down to two and half 12.5g pouches a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

KKkitty wrote: »
    I'm sure whoever bought them has the hump now :)
    I started off with B&H. Since then I've tried Carrolls, Silk Cut purple and choice, Superking menthol, Marlboro ordinary and lights and John Player blue and red. For any of ye with problems rolling cigarettes there's a machine out now that rolls them for you.

If they are reading, please contact me and I will return them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

John Player Special Red. All the way.

They're somewhere in between Silk Cut Purple and JP Blue, and a lot cheaper too.

I REGRET NOTHING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

I think it's actually true though:confused::eek:

Proven statistic as well though that 100% of non-smokers die
    Predictions concerning who smokes John Player Blue are scarily accurate from my experiences.

I think it's regional as well though. I smoke Major as do quite a few people that I know. (Live in Cork) I work in Dublin as well though and very few would smoke them there. Some of the older fellas would bum one just for a 'blast from the past' but half the younger ones think that they're foreign!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Years ago I smoked loads of different cigarettes.

In them days the round was the order of the day. Flash the ash. . .
    I smoked Major normally, but in a round at the local you could
    end up smoking Rothmans, John Player Blue, Boston, Calumet,
    Carrolls, Woodbines, Players Navy cut, Sweet Afton, Albany, Benson &
    Hedges, Camel, Churchills, plus all the cigarettes people brought home
    from trips abroad. Plus the odd cigar and cigarello.
    Good old days, or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

'West Ice', they are called. But since I only get them in Germany, I have to go for John Player Green

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

ive been smoking rollies for at least five years,cant stand the taste from a cigarettte in a box,wouldnt even smoke a joint if there was one in it

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Major are my favourite but the box is awkward because I ride a motorbike so I smoke carrolls most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

My favourites are L&M Red and Marlboro Reds, it would be rare for me to be smoking anything else.

The nicest cig I ever smoked was Benson and Hedges Black, I wasn't smoking them that long before they took them off the market as they were a limited edition :(, miss them.

Advertisement