Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite cigarette

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    The nicest cig I ever smoked was Benson and Hedges Black, I wasn't smoking them that long before they took them off the market as they were a limited edition :(, miss them.

I miss them too, they never took off here though, very popular in duty free I heard.

My favourite is Benson Silver.. tad lighter than gold and nearly a euro cheaper :) (and a fun sliding box)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I mainly smoke Carrolls but sometimes Marlboro lights. If I was gasping pretty much anything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭retroactive

Camel Blue... Satisfaction in a tightly wrapped package.

Have been sampling Marlboro Touch (the black packet recently) and would recommend anyone who smokes light cigs to try them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Lucky Strike Unfiltered. Or else jis roll em

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Cutters choice rolling tobacco here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

james no.1 wrote: »
    i work in a newsagents and it's interesting to see which people buy which smokes. scauldy types seem to go for johnnie blue or major. woman and poshies seem to choose marlboro light or silk cut. older guys go for benson and students go for camel. then cheap ppl go for pall mall which taste mank. personally i like winston blue but no one buys these except spanish tourists. what's your favourite cigarette?
    nb. no smoking kills bs please
    You forgot, "those that appreciate a real smoke, Drum, Amber Leaf, Cutters Choice etc...." ;)

Drum for me, can't stand "straights" and would only smoke one in extremis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i miss the cool lucky strike box that opened like a book from both sides. that was deadly

this thing

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Sweet Afton or Players.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Smoking makes you smelly and you look like a dirty ashtray. It kills thousands every year but yet people insist in blowing smoke in my direction.

Oh, and I smoke Benson. Don't like the taste of Malboro and I find Silk Cut Purple too weak. Don't mind the rollies too much though I get horrid dry mouth from them

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Use to smoke Gitanes for years, first time in Paris I tried one, coughed up half a lung and said I'll have more of that. Then they stopped selling me them over here so a few years back, so I had to switch back to camel. I only get them a couple of times a year when mates travel now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Lambert and butler, but since they seem to be hard to find round here, John player blue's.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Smoking makes you smelly and you look like a dirty ashtray. It kills thousands every year but yet people insist in blowing smoke in my direction.
    For Fucks Sake :rolleyes:

Oh, and I smoke Benson. Don't like the taste of Malboro and I find Silk Cut Purple too weak. Don't mind the rollies too much though I get horrid dry mouth from them
    He he he :pac: got ya.

Woah woah, johnny blue's are not for knackers. Real knackers smoke the cheapest ones :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Major are usually smoked by cancerous old salt of the earth types.

JPB smoked by the majority of career social welfare recipients

Rolling tobacco smoked by victims of the recession. Also by hipsters.

Marlboro lights by those who smoke to be cool

Carrolls and silk cut smoked by culchies.

B&H smoked by taxi men and those in a trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Used to smoke benson, then smoked amber leaf in college and now I smoke malbro trying to curve the habit :o not really working considering I'd fly through the box in a day :o
    How can you switch between rolling tobacco and cigarettes? Once I switched to rolling tobacco I found cigarettes awful harsh and horrible. If I smoke a packet of cigarettes now I get a sore throat.

I smoke cutters choice, I used to smoke drum but I think that tobacco is gone to shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

This thread is torture, I've swapped fully over to electronic cigarettes now....

Back in my misspent youth I think I tried every cigarette I could. I smoked John Player when in school (and no, I wasn't a scumbag either) and for the last few years I've smoked Mayfair Menthol.

I feel like I've lost my best friend :(

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

mikemac1 wrote: »
    When I smoked I liked Carrolls

I tried Benson & Hedges and Major but found them too strong
    Tried Silk Cut Purple but too weak, popular with the wimmins though

So I liked Carrolls, they were just right. And they were make in Dundalk I think

Do they even make these anymore?
    I don't know since shops don't have displays

Yeah, they still make them. But you do realise Carrolls are stronger than Benson, right?

Also, I change what I smoke quite regularly. Usually I smoke Silk Cut Purple, sometimes I want something stronger so get Carrolls, and occasionally I smoke Vogue.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I smoke cutters choice, I used to smoke drum but I think that tobacco is gone to shyte.
    Agree there, sometimes it seems like they're sending us the sweepings off the factory floor.
    I've tried to change brand myself but can't seem to get used to the taste and feel I'm smoking "perfumed" tobacco so end up back on the Drum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

benson & hedges, the only cigarette i smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Benson & Hedges or Marlboro lights usually, sometimes switch to Lambert & Butler silver but my smoke of real choice, when i can get them, is Elixyr, although i only seem to be able to get them in/from Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Woodbine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

byte wrote: »
    I remember being told not to smoke Rothmans coz the filters were fibreglass... as if the toxins and so forth weren't bad for you.

I was told the same thing about Marlboro....urban myths eh :D

I smoke Pall Mall - not cos I'm cheap but because I've no money :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

ScumLord wrote: »
    How can you switch between rolling tobacco and cigarettes? Once I switched to rolling tobacco I found cigarettes awful harsh and horrible. If I smoke a packet of cigarettes now I get a sore throat.

Id smoke amber leaf the odd time. Cannot stomach drum, think its foul. Even the smell off the box is disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I've tried to change brand myself but can't seem to get used to the taste and feel I'm smoking "perfumed" tobacco so end up back on the Drum.
    What's that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Jaysus, people are being judged on what cigarette/tobacco they smoke? Lol!!

Edit-John Player Blue for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Anyone wrote: »
    Jaysus, people are being judged on what cigarette/tobacco they smoke? Lol!!

Edit-John Player Blue for me!

Yes apparently.... I feel so sorry for them people that judge someone by the fag they smoke. Even though they know nothing about the person. ffs! :rolleyes:

I cannot for the life of me roll smokes :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

cloud493 wrote: »
    I cannot for the life of me roll smokes :rolleyes:

Practice, I can roll perfect ones in the wind with my eyes closed at this stage!!

I have tried, it always end up too fat in one part, or falling apart, or, just cannot be bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Amber Leaf FTW,recission cigarette's. :)

Advertisement