Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite cigarette

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is rolling that much cheaper than buying a pack anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

cloud493 wrote: »

Hell yeah,a big pouch of tobacco will last you at least 2/3 days :cool:

Even those relatively small amber leaf packs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Marlboro Touch, cheaper innit.

Tried rolling but I physically can't do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

when I was in America I loved the marlboro Special Blend they had No.27, went down lovely after a nice feast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Why does drum dark smell like barbecue sauce?

No they only last me a day.You're better off to buy the big pack.

You'd easily get a 100 rollies out of them.:eek::D

See, there you go. I love lambert and butler, and they're only 8.20 in spar. Relatively hard to find though round these parts though.

See, there you go. I love lambert and butler, and they're only 8.20 in spar. Relatively hard to find though round these parts though.

20 per pack I assume yes ?

For 1.30 more you'd get a big pouch of tobacco.:)

100>>>20 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

ScumLord wrote: »
    What's that now?
    :D
    Seriously, I mean it.
    The taste of most tobaccos other than what I'm used to just seems wrong, it's like someone sprayed a mild perfume on it, not a strong Je Reviens or something, just a "wrong for tobacco" perfumy taste.
    Been smoking Drum for nearly 30 years now except for a few years in England where Golden Virginia was my choice, so I guess it's just ingrained into my very being. Samson or GV are about the only others I can really enjoy, although any tobacco is still better than a straight.
    Very much so, I always felt 20 straights is the same as 12.5g per day, so it works out about half the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Isn't there decent rolling machines these days? I mean ones that can produce the same size and shape as a manufactured cigarette.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The small amber leaf box has 12.5g which is the same as every other pack. It's compressed though so your supposed to tease it out so it fluffs up like the rest of the tobaccos. As they include skins and filters for under a fiver your saving yourself a euro or two over buying all those things separately. I don't like the compressed tobacco though. It's fairly dusty when compared to the longer strands in the likes of cutters choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Anyone wrote: »
    Isn't there decent rolling machines these days? I mean ones that can produce the same size and shape as a manufactured cigarette.
    John Player do a machine like that. It's called John Player special. The box is red and the starter pack includes shells which you put the tobacco in, the machine itself, a thing to shove the tobacco down in the machine and 60 dosettes which make 60 cigarettes. The dosettes are about 15 euro when you buy them separately and a 100 shells pack is around a euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Cheap ones. Usually Mayfair Superkings, but I've got a few packs left from holiday so I'm on Winston Reds and Lambert & Butler at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I smoked bensons for years but because the price I switched to tobacco which costs 9:50 for two weeks worth (for me) now i have money to buy stuff i don't really need.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭james no.1

Odysseus wrote: »
    Use to smoke Gitanes for years, first time in Paris I tried one, coughed up half a lung and said I'll have more of that. Then they stopped selling me them over here so a few years back, so I had to switch back to camel. I only get them a couple of times a year when mates travel now.

you can get gauloise in some shops which are pretty much the same thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Started with John Player cuz everyone was smoking them, as ya do...
    Now I don't smoke as much, but it'd be Marlboro or John Player... ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Major are usually smoked by cancerous old salt of the earth types.

JPB smoked by the majority of career social welfare recipients

Rolling tobacco smoked by victims of the recession. Also by hipsters.

Marlboro lights by those who smoke to be cool

Carrolls and silk cut smoked by culchies.

B&H smoked by taxi men and those in a trade.
    Where I live B&H is smoked by the majority of teens and older

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Where I live B&H is smoked by the majority of teens and older

Same here, everyone I know started out on bensons cause that's just what everyone smoked. The vast majority of peeps I know smoke benson.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

After a couple of pints ill smoke anything i can find!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

kevthegaff wrote: »
    After a couple of pints ill smoke anything i can find!
    Haha same as myself !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Off the smokes now but i did love Old Holborn Tobacco.
    Not for weed though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Cloves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Haha same as myself !

I made that mistake before. Found half a B&H on the ground and smoked it. I was sick for days after and I went to the doctor. It turned out that it had rat piss on it. NEVER AGAIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

ScumLord wrote: »
    How can you switch between rolling tobacco and cigarettes? Once I switched to rolling tobacco I found cigarettes awful harsh and horrible. If I smoke a packet of cigarettes now I get a sore throat.

I smoke cutters choice, I used to smoke drum but I think that tobacco is gone to shyte.

I switch back and forth. On my desk right now I have golden virginia and a packet of silk cut.
    I tend to smoke the rollies most of the time now. I used to smoke regular cigarettes all the time but the cost was two much. Now I buy a packet of regular smokes if I'm heading out because I really can't be bothered rolling when I'm in a pub.

I used to smoke marlboro red for years. Cut down to silk cut a while back.

And people are right about the Jonnie Blue smokers:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

There seems to be alot of hatred for marlboro lights smokers here and it appears to be completely unfounded.
    They're not smoked by luvvies, people who smoke to be cool, wanna be cool people and so on.
    In a country where only the weak willed smoke, they are smoked by the super weak willed. You know the type, went to america on a J1 and came back sounding like Tom Cruise in Far & Away or went to Trinners/UCD for a month and suddenly had Home & Away intonations and used like without the actual simile.

Malboro's fine. My mate smokes lucky strikes, I think their muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Can't stand lucky strikes. Only ever smoke them when I'm out and it's all that's in the cigarette machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Used to go out with a girl that loved to smoke me pipe!!!

Yeah you read it right!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Used to go out with a girl that loved to smoke me pipe!!!

Yeah you read it right!!!!

Your referring to a smoking pipe?

Advertisement