Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite cigarette

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Used to go out with a girl that loved to smoke me pipe!!!

Yeah you read it right!!!!

Your referring to a smoking pipe?
    Il let u think bout it
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Silk cut, get slagged that they're girlie smokes but it suits me as nobody wants one whereas my mate smokes Bensons(we work together almost all day every day) and he's forever getting hit for "can I get a smoke?". I also have a smoke in my gob all day from 7am till midnight and the stronger ones knock me down with a cough. 50 a day on average. Which may well be a lot... feck off, I'm not cutting down, if I did, I'd have to eat - coffee and smokes is my main diet pretty much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Il let u think bout it
    :D

Would you not tell her to buy her own pipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I had to buy Pall Mall Click cigarettes on Saturday night, because for some strange reason, pubs in Dublin don't stock popular cigarettes. However, they are fun! (I know, I know smoking & fun don't go in the same sentence..)

They are regular cigarettes, and you can click the filter and they become menthols.

Normally, I smoke Marlboro Touch though. Bit smaller than Marlboro lights, and cheaper at €7.80 a pack

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Everyday: Pack of blue Drum if im feeling flush, Amber Leaf if i'm not
    Fags: John Player Blue 20pk for night out, 10pk for cúnting about
    Alternatives: marlboro lights
    When I'm on my holidays: Pack of Red Lucky Strikes
    When I'm skint: Anything
    Treat: green

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Golden Virginia or Drum

Cigarettes are for the weak

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Benson. All other cigarettes are inferior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Isabela

When I took up cigarettes, I was smoking Glamour cigarettes, but now I smoke Marlboro Silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

james no.1 wrote: »
    another stereotype is rothmans is only ever smoked by really old women. and any menthols are bought by women
    :eek::(

Used to smoke Rothmans for years. Smoke rollies now. Cheaper and better flavour than "straights" I find.

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Used to smoke benson, then smoked amber leaf in college and now I smoke malbro trying to curve the habit :o not really working considering I'd fly through the box in a day :o

If that's what you're trying to do you can't do better than a Sherlock Holmes-style pipe. :pac:

Plus you get to say "The game is afoot Watson" quite a lot; which is always a bonus.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

niallu wrote: »
    L&M blue.

Unfortunately not sold over here so I stock up when on holidays.

Girlfriend smokes them. Ask Polish people! £35 for 200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭euddue

Golden virginia with menthol tips and liquorice papers.

Don't knock it until you try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

When I smoked it was Benson at the end.
    Started on Silk Cut (stealing off mammy)
    John Player > Benson > Carrolls > John Player > John Player Black > Major > Benson

Though my favorite were Black Devil's, which I picked up on holiday. Been off smokes nearly a year now but I still keep 2 devils just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

My old man smoked Major for years, then gave them up completely when I was a young fella. He is back smoking again now that we have grown up and ****ed off out of the house.

But when he found out my brother smokes Marlboro Lights it was something along the lines of "smoking that ****e is like drinking shandy all the time"

My grandfather smoked Woodbines, would be lucky to see his face behind the smoke. You can see where my fathers impression of Marlboro Lights comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Those fake plasticy one. I really like those, as they don't stink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Pottler wrote: »
    I also have a smoke in my gob all day from 7am till midnight and the stronger ones knock me down with a cough. 50 a day on average. Which may well be a lot... feck off, I'm not cutting down, if I did, I'd have to eat - coffee and smokes is my main diet pretty much.

Thats some hardcore smoking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Used to be a Camel smoker, gave up but back smoking now smoking Malboro Touch because they are thinner I justify it as smoking less.

GV or Cutters choice for rollies when I'm trying to quit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

tmc86 wrote: »
    Used to be a Camel smoker, gave up but back smoking now smoking Malboro Touch because they are thinner I justify it as smoking less.

GV or Cutters choice for rollies when I'm trying to quit!
    And they are 7.80 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Favourite cigarette was the last one I ever had. I'd rather suck the insides of a vacuum cleaner out than get back on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 spiral1

I used to smoke B&H but started to get dizzy so i changed to Sweet Afton and now smoke Players Navy Cut...the ones in the white box and the picture of the sailor in front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

I started on the e-cigs 5 weeks ago and am doing very well. I used to somke yellow golden virginia w/ blue rizzla's..

• Advertisement

Isn't there a Smoker's forums for smoker friendly discussions?

I'm not saying you shouldn't discuss it here, but it means I can stick two fingers to the OP's wishes and post......
    A
    normallungs.gif

B
    smokersteeth.jpg
    C
    laryngeal-cancer.jpg
    D
    smokingdamages-580x348.jpg

And remind each and every one of you cancer stick lovers that the above is in your future. As is the disgust of those who have to smell your smoker breath.

Unless

You

Quit.

So there.

ner ner nee ner ner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Isn't there a Smoker's forums for smoker friendly discussions?

I'm not saying you shouldn't discuss it here, but it means I can stick two fingers to the OP's wishes and post......
    A
    normallungs.gif

B
    smokersteeth.jpg
    C
    laryngeal-cancer.jpg
    D
    smokingdamages-580x348.jpg

And remind each and every one of you cancer stick lovers that the above is in your future. As is the disgust of those who have to smell your smoker breath.

Unless

You

Quit.

So there.

ner ner nee ner ner.

Yellow teeth, heavy breathing shower of litter monkeys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I used to smoke OP's

Not Original Poster's

Just Other People's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I was a Marlboro Lights man for many years. There was nothing like the smell of Virginia tobacco when I was smoking.

I've been off the 12 years now and never once looked back. I don't miss it at all.

• Site Banned Posts: 41 rain10

I can't believe no one is saying mayfair!
    I used to smoke john player blue but seen as I can't afford anything anymore I have changed to mayfair lights, i love them i would even prefer them as a smoke to silk cut/marlboro and benson and they're only 8euro! :)

Funny enough, back when I was working the counter in my teens (in a small shop in a small villige in the weshht of Ireland) your cigarette brand was more of an indicator of where you were from.

Dubs always went for "Silk Cut Blew"

Locals for "Benson & Hedges"

Local aul Fearr-murrs for "twinteh Majurr"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

I'm off them years now but i used to love Silk Cut Blue..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

If it's normal cigarettes it's usually Marlboro Red (but I usually have to ask twice because a lot of people hear "Marlboro Lights" even though I said "red very clearly...).

If it's tobacco then it's Pueblo (3.75 for 40g in Germany) or Red Bull (5 something for 40g). Used to smoke Drum but it's too weak for me now.

And Golden Vagina is like smoking nothing. I'm glad it doesn't exist over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Atari Jaguar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

L&M blue with little brochures for sporting goods on the inside and Russian health warnings on the outside. The health warnings are less bothersome when you don't speak the language.

Advertisement