Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Star Trek Phone?

Options
  • 30-07-2012 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

So I saw the 2009 Star Trek movie last week and noticed a sweet Nokia phone at the start being used by a kid. I know it doesn't exist but are there any rumours around to suggest a device of this calibre? I'll be getting an iPad soon and don't really feel the need for an iPhone and would like something different. Is there anything on the horizon apart from new Windows devices?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Does anyone remember the Matrix Phone?

No, you dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

You mean the Nokia 7110? It was awesome and I had one. No BostonB, don't think that was it. It was this one:

http://m.engadget.com/2009/05/10/nokia-cheesiness-featured-in-new-star-trek-movie/

I love the idea of the old Nokia silvery/blue and black screen on a touch screen device. Or if there was a black and white screen giving off an etch a sketch feel to text and websites I think that would be amazing. I know it wouldn't be functional to most people but I think it would look awesome. Sure, look how well e-ink has done. That's just my two cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Android phones are miles ahead of Apple at the moment. You could possibly get a Star Trek theme

I was actually thinking of getting something a littler simpler than a smartphone. With an iPad, a smartphone will pretty much mimmick the capabilities I will already have so I figured I'd see about getting something completely different. That's why I mentioned the Star Trek Nokia phone.

• Advertisement

But obviously, that doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I was actually thinking of getting something a littler simpler than a smartphone. With an iPad, a smartphone will pretty much mimmick the capabilities I will already have so I figured I'd see about getting something completely different. That's why I mentioned the Star Trek Nokia phone.

why bother with the I pad then. Just get a smart phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Android phones are miles ahead of Apple at the moment. You could possibly get a Star Trek theme

Funny_Pictures_128314.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Stuck Cone wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the Matrix Phone?

No, you dont.

Actually I still have mine lying around somewhere... :o

Advertisement