Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

going back to athletics

• 30-07-2012 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I've been out of athletics for about 6 years...i used to do hurdles and High Jump, little bit of sprinting, Relays and bit of long jump as well as throwing events randomly (depending on numbers - kind of a step in where I'm needed thing as i was related to the head coach)
    I used to be really good, with several All Ireland, munster and county medals and records...

Im really keen to get back into training, and compete again as i really miss it. I want to go back to the jumping (Hurdles & High Jump) and relays and i know it won't be easy.

Has anyone got any advice for me on where to start back with the hurdle training especially, as i know the high jump will take more time and effort to get the technique back and strides perfect.

I will be 20 this year, so id be going into senior / U23 age group.

Id really appreciate any advice and ideas anyone has for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Where are you based? Find you local athletics clubs, and pick one which accommodates sprinters/field eventers!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭xEmily2011

Timmaay wrote: »
    Where are you based? Find you local athletics clubs, and pick one which accommodates sprinters/field eventers!

Ive got that sorted, my aunt is still the head coach in my local one, and I've talked to the NUIG club captain who said they have the hurdles and stuff for training, I'm just kind of looking for somewhere to start..like how fast to go back into it, what way people would recommend getting back into it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

A coach who can watch you train will have a much better idea what you need to work on, what you're ready for now, what your targets should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭xEmily2011

RayCun wrote: »
    A coach who can watch you train will have a much better idea what you need to work on, what you're ready for now, what your targets should be.

I suppose its time to contact the Aunt so :L thanks :)

Advertisement