Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rally for The Quinn-were you there?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

donalg1 wrote: »

Are you saying that someone that defends and supports Quinn isn't in anyway silly for doing so?

You want me to read the thread for you? Top of the class! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Under prussure

i hope that everyone doesn"t forget that Quinn Cement has been in a cement cartel since the start of the company and that Sean Quinn oversaw and ran that cartel with an iron fist and from the hudge profits he made he was able to go on into other business.Since the start of the cement cartel in the 1980s the price of cement has never come down and since the colosape of 90% + of the construction materials market the prices are still increasing and now the government are involed in the cement cartel now that IRBC are running the cement company and there has been no change in the cartel arragments so this could make the government compliced in the cement cartel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Just a few snippets to be delved deeper if anyone is interested:

Insurance customers must pay levy for 20 years
    HOUSEHOLDERS could be paying to sort out the mess at the former Quinn Insurance for decades.

The High Court was told yesterday the cost of bailing out the stricken insurer could rise to €1.65bn.

This is double the original estimate for covering claims and costs at the company.

A 2pc levy has been imposed on all home, motor and commercial insurance to cover the bill.

President of the High Court Mr Justice Nicholas Kearns said the levy could be in place "in perpetuity".

Administrators appointed to Quinn Insurance Ltd had originally expected that the levy would be in place for 12 years.

Insurance experts said the levy was costing the average household up to €30 a year, and could now be in place for more than two decades.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/insurance-customers-must-pay-levy-for-20-years-3187090.html

Month's allowance for couple equates to €190,000 salary
    THE monthly living expenses granted to the Quinn family by the High Court yesterday were described as eye-wateringly high by finance experts.

Aoife Quinn and husband Stephen, who are both unemployed and believed to be living in the UK, were granted €7,775 in living expenses for August and €5,375 a month after that.

It is not clear if income tax is already paid on this, which is part of funds in accounts and assets in the name of the family that had been frozen.

The High Court has decided to free up some of the funds.

A PAYE person would need to have an income of €190,000 a year to end up with €7,800 a month once income tax and levies are paid, experts said.

And the massive figure allowed by the High Court compares with average annual earnings in the State of just €36,000.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/months-allowance-for-couple-equates-to-190000-salary-3187097.html

FG's Kelly backtracks over Quinn remarks after Kenny rebuke
    FINE Gael MEP Sean Kelly was forced to distance himself from bankrupt tycoon Sean Quinn yesterday after coming under fire from his own party...

...Mr Kelly had to backtrack yesterday by issuing a statement to insist that he was not supporting the Quinns or what they had done.
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/fgs-kelly-backtracks-over-quinn-remarks-after-kenny-rebuke-3187100.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Surprised by Sean Kelly here. If you look at everything he has ever said in public, it's generally populist. Maybe he just got this one wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Happyman42 wrote: »
    You want me to read the thread for you? Top of the class! :rolleyes:

No thanks I dont need you to read the thread for me, answering my questions would be helpful though, thats if you can of course.

Tell me why you think Sean Quinn should be supported, and why you think he has done nothing wrong.

And why also do you think people should support him when he is looking out for himself only as he has always done, while at the same time asking the Irish people to look out for him also.

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »
    Month's allowance for couple equates to €190,000 salary

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭vanillavanilla

Why in the name of all that's fair are the family entitled to such high expenses??????

When I think of what we have per month for our family and we work damn hard for it and are bled dry with taxes and the cost of living.

How anyone can support this joke of a family is beyond me. Believe me, they are giving the rest of the country the finger and couldn't care less about their supporters.

Why in the name of all that's fair are the family entitled to such high expenses??????

When I think of what we have per month for our family and we work damn hard for it and are bled dry with taxes and the cost of living.

How anyone can support this joke of a family is beyond me. Believe me, they are giving the rest of the country the finger and couldn't care less about their supporters.

Of course they are giving us the finger, they are taking tax payers money and hiding away somewhere all the while still living the high life while putting on the poor us everyone is picking on us expression. And there are some people actually falling for this crap and supporting them. I'd laugh only its so ridiculously stupid.

Saw Batman the other day (Spoiler Alert)
    and Cat woman said something to Bruce along the lines of "I guess the rich dont really go broke like the rest of us" seems she was referring to the Quinns too.

No thanks I dont need you to read the thread for me, answering my questions would be helpful though, thats if you can of course.

Tell me why you think Sean Quinn should be supported, and why you think he has done nothing wrong.

And why also do you think people should support him when he is looking out for himself only as he has always done, while at the same time asking the Irish people to look out for him also.

You are happy enough to bumble into a thread and castigate all and sundry and you don't want to do any research? Very good....you carry on. :rolleyes:

You are happy enough to bumble into a thread and castigate all and sundry and you don't want to do any research? Very good....you carry on. :rolleyes:

Pot calling kettle black - when you won't provide proof of stuff you state!
    Originally Posted by Happyman42
    The government and state institutions are not allowing the full facts of this case to see the light of a court...

We are still, still waiting for proof - anything to show this allegation is true -despite you also continuing to dodging the question with irrelevant answers!
    We are waiting to read your research to prove your allegation!

You carry on. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Of course they are giving us the finger, they are taking tax payers money and hiding away somewhere all the while still living the high life while putting on the poor us everyone is picking on us expression. And there are some people actually falling for this crap and supporting them. I'd laugh only its so ridiculously stupid.

Saw Batman the other day (Spoiler Alert)
    and Cat woman said something to Bruce along the lines of "I guess the rich dont really go broke like the rest of us" seems she was referring to the Quinns too.

Love the batman reference :D! How true it is.

"The government and state institutions are not allowing the full facts of this case to see the light of a court"???

Poppycock!

Feel free to enlighten me though, if this is actually the case. I'd love to see some examples of the Quinns not being allowed to divulge potential important information to the Court.

If it is true though, God help the poor, poor family not being allowed freedom of expression and being silenced when clearly they do want to lay all their cards on the table. My heart goes out to them. Tongue firmly in cheek :D

Pot calling kettle black - when you won't provide proof of stuff you state!

We are still, still waiting for proof - anything to show this allegation is true -despite you also continuing to dodging the question with irrelevant answers!
    We are waiting to read your research to prove your allegation!

You carry on. :rolleyes:

As I said yesterday......do we know the full facts of what went on at Anglo yet? That is all the proof necessary, due process has not been followed here and IMO there is a reason for that.
    If Quinn broke the law in his dealings with Anglo, WHY WAS HE NOT CHARGED AND BROUGHT TO TRIAL?
    I believe it's because the bank and the government don't want us to know what went on, certainly not at the moment anyway. Does that not tell all of you 'educated' people something?
    They had enough 'evidence' and 'information' to take away his business without due process and they had enough evidence to charge Fitz, and the ringleaders from the get go, yet how long did we have to wait for them to be charged? ( the ringleaders of banking fraud in other juristictions are in court on charges and tried with-in months, but here???)
    Quinn has never been charged with an offence relating to his role. I call bull**** on your reasoning for that, 'that it was because Quinn hid the facts'. The government has been prattling on with certainty about what he was up to...but has he been charged?

I am as critical of Quinn and what he did as the next man, however as this develops it is plain as the nose on your face that the potential is there for this to be another cover-up of what really went on. Quinn is the sideshow to keep the hysterical sheeple happy, and you are all falling for it.

As I said yesterday......do we know the full facts of what went on at Anglo yet? That is all the proof necessary...

Rubbish and yet again dodging answer!
    Proves nothing. There is no proof in your reply. NOTHING!

To use an analogy:
    If the moon is seen not to be white - don't automatically make it another specific colour, black!

You have alleged something and as of yet have failed completely multiple times to prove your allegation.

...Then you have the nerve to chastise others?

Your credibility is shot to pieces!
    If Quinn broke the law in his dealings with Anglo, WHY WAS HE NOT CHARGED AND BROUGHT TO TRIAL?

That question has been addressed already and if you bother your arse to read the replies, you would of course seen this.
    ...But then, once again you seem to have convenient blindness when it suits you!

I repeat your own words:

Ironic? Hypocrisy?

So you aren't going to answer any of the questions then, instead you are going to reply with the above nonsense and stick a rolleyes at the end.

I know enough about Sean Quinn to know he doesnt deserve any support from anyone. I have asked you to let me know why you disagree with this but you obviously cant so carry on.

Seriously though I know why you arent answering my questions, its because anyone trying to defend him or support him knows they would look foolish when doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I've a battered laptop here, giz us a business :pac:

Fair swop

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Anro wrote: »
    Really? Is that why instead of accepting Quinn’s 7-10yr debt repayment planthey decided to take over an empire worth billions, (part of which - Quinninsurance- a highly profitable company was sold for €1 ,) and from what I am hearing running it into the ground while lining their pockets with all the money they can.
    "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

They looked at the plan and it was "aspirational in the extreme".
    Oh and "they did not decide to take over his empire", he threw it away with Greed. Gambling with the money from Quinn Insurance on shares..which in turn was gambling with peoples livliehood in the afforementioned Quinn companies.

He disobeyed a High Court Ruling with the help of his family.... BROKE THE LAW

Shur its alright isnt it.....C'mon your smarter than that.
    OH by the way he admits he owes the 400 million plus, so why hide his assets if he has done no wrong...

Yes the €2Billion and some odd change still has to be ruled on..he can give his evidence in court and let the Law decide...

Were you at the Rally?? Are you supporting people who break the law?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Yakult wrote: »
    Boycott Cavan!

LOL

Listen , most people in Cavan dont support this man....just a few people who want to pay our insurance levy..

Rubbish and yet again dodging answer!
    Proves nothing. There is no proof in your reply. NOTHING!

To use an analogy:
    If the moon is seen not to be white - don't automatically make it another specific colour, black!

You have alleged something and as of yet have failed completely multiple times to prove your allegation.

...Then you have the nerve to chasteness others?

Your credibility is shot to pieces!

I have expressed my 'opinion'. You are being pedantic for a second day.

Tell us all Biggins, why do YOU think Quinn hasn't been charged with a criminal offence for what he did at Anglo?

So you aren't going to answer any of the questions then, instead you are going to reply with the above nonsense and stick a rolleyes at the end.

It's all been answered earlier in the thread. Disabuse yourself of the notion that your 'analysis' or 'questions' are unique.

• Advertisement

It's all been answered earlier in the thread. Disabuse yourself of the notion that your 'analysis' or 'questions' are unique.

Again failing to answer them thats grand, as I have stated previously I know exactly why you wont answer them. I understand too that you have now realised you cant defend the man hence the avoidance.

Love the batman reference :D! How true it is.

I know and what perfect timing.

Again failing to answer them thats grand, as I have stated previously I know exactly why you wont answer them. I understand too that you have now realised you cant defend the man.

:rolleyes:

Ok, I'll try a bogger answer...'I am not in the habit of boiling my cabbage twice'.
    Scroll through the thread and give it a rest.

I have expressed my 'opinion'. You are being pedantic for a second day.

Tell us all Biggins, why do YOU think Quinn hasn't been charged with a criminal offence for what he did at Anglo?

I have already given an answer which is a possibility - but seeing as your incapable of doing your own research yourself (but are able to give out about others not doing it!), here is my answer again:

Such the complex mess and DELIBERATE hiding of many facts which Judge Peter Kelly described as a mesmerisingly complex deception and the most devious he had witnessed in six years on the bench in the court’s commercial division - that the investigators (you know, the ones that the Times states as "Investigators seem to be going to infinity and beyond to try to unravel the extraordinary world of the Quinns") hunting down the records of Quinns mess, are still collecting the evidence needed!

By the way - when you expressed your now 'opinion' that:
    Originally Posted by Happyman42
    The government and state institutions are not allowing the full facts of this case to see the light of a court...

You put it across as fact - and if opinion or fact, through NO RESEARCH of your own, have yet to show it to be correct!

...But you have the nerve to give out about others not doing theirs?

You expose your own double-standards!

Ok, I'll try a bogger answer...'I am not in the habit of boiling my cabbage twice'.

Yet you are in the habit of avoiding direct questions countless times.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0726/1224320827603.html
    The judge said that, on the uncontradicted evidence before him, it seemed the Quinns had deliberately created and operated a scheme of mesmeric complexity, reeking of dishonesty, for the twofold objective of putting assets beyond the bank’s reach and to feather their own nests.

This is why the investigations are still continuing and why so far - AS OF YET - he has yet to be but I suspect will be, further charged on various aspects.

I have already given an answer which is a possibility - but seeing as your incapable of doing your own research yourself (but are able to give out about others not doing it!), here is my answer again:

Such the complex mess and DELIBERATE hiding of many facts which Judge Peter Kelly described as a mesmerisingly complex deception and the most devious he had witnessed in six years on the bench in the court’s commercial division - that the investigators (you know, the ones that the Times states as "Investigators seem to be going to infinity and beyond to try to unravel the extraordinary world of the Quinns") hunting down the records of Quinns mess, are still collecting the evidence needed!

And as I told you yesterday, the judge was talking there about what happened AFTER the collapse of Anglo. Not the crimminality that went on when Anglo was a 'functioning' bank....the 'criminality' that sees Fitz and the others up on numerous charges, but there still isn't 'enough' evidence to charge Quinn.

By the way - when you expressed you opinion that:

You put it across as fact - and if opinion or fact, through NO RESEARCH of your own, have yet to show it to be correct!

But when it suits you, (to avoid having to contenance the possibility that this is a sheeple placating stunt and a vendetta) you can say that the judge, the media and all the posters on here are all just guessing about what happened because 'there isn't enough evidence yet' because Quinn has 'hidden' it all. Does that not mean you are just guessing about what went on? If it doesn't mean you are just guessing, show us the evidence of the wrong doing?....oh wait!....you said there's not enough evidence......confused????? Tell me about it! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

welcome to boards peter

• Advertisement

And as I told you yesterday, the judge was talking there about what happened AFTER the collapse of Anglo. Not the crimminality that went on when Anglo was a 'functioning' bank....the 'criminality' that sees Fitz and the others up on numerous charges, but there still isn't 'enough' evidence to charge Quinn.

Well as investigation are continuing, it wouldn't be hard conclusion for anyone with a working brain, to conclude that if the Quinns were capable of a mesmerisingly complex deception and the most devious around - that they didn't do this for the first time - and in fact through on going continuing investigations, which the Quinns are not apparently helping in but it might appear hindering, then there will be further charges to come!

This is not rocket science to most - but it appears to be, to some!
    ...you can say that the judge, the media and all the posters on here are all just guessing about what happened because 'there isn't enough evidence yet' because Quinn has 'hidden' it all. Does that not mean you are just guessing about what went on? If it doesn't mean you are just guessing, show us the evidence of the wrong doing?....oh wait!....you said there's not enough evidence......confused????? Tell me about it! :rolleyes:

1. PLEASE SHOW WHERE I STATED:
    the judge, the media and all the posters on here are all just guessing about what happened

Like previous statements from you - I guess we will be kept waiting for that answer too! PLEASE SHOW WHERE I STATED THIS!

Does that not mean you are just guessing about what went on?

Again if you bothered your backside to look through your own reseach - or has that temp blindness sunk in again? - you would find that any opinion, even facts I have stated has come MANY a time with links to back it up.

We are still waiting for even ONE link to back up your statement that:

oh wait!....you said there's not enough evidence.

Actually - if you were HONEST, you would have stated IN REGARD TO YOUR PREVIOUS QUESTION
    why do YOU think Quinn hasn't been charged with a criminal offence for what he did at Anglo?

REFERRING SPECIFICALLY TO that I said:

Or prior to that I stated:
    Maybe - just maybe because of his complex antics - the investigators are still working on that also!

...In the meantime he has to answer for his already discovered antics, their illegality and answer for his responsibilities - for which so far he has ducked, dived, lied and is unwilling to sort out to those that are desperate seeking answers from him!
    Post 241.

Once again PLEASE SHOW where I just stated:
    ...there's not enough evidence.

I guess we will be kept waiting for that answer too!
    ...Meanwhile carry on cutting PARTIAL bits of text out of fuller replies, to twist to suit your needs!

Your very good at asking questions - but won't give accurate or backed-up replies, and just give evasive answers yourself that is at this stage farcical!

Your very good at only seeing what you want to see in this thread and in the news!

Your very good at actually seeing words and using them in relation to other topics!

Your very good at bitching about others not doing their research - but won't do your own!

Your very good at double standards!

To use your own words quoted back at you...

Very good - carry on! :rolleyes:

Advertisement