Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rally for The Quinn-were you there?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Biggins wrote: »
    Well as investigation are continuing, it wouldn't be hard conclusion for anyone with a working brain, to conclude that if the Quinns were capable of a mesmerisingly complex deception and the most devious around - that they didn't do this for the first time - and in fact through on going continuing investigations, which the Quinns are not apparently helping in but it might appear hindering, then there will be further charges to come!

This is not rocket science to most - but it appears to be some!

If investigations are continuing....how do we know Quinn did anything wrong when the bank was functioning? On what basis or evidence are you claiming that he did? Or is it 'just your opinion' that he did?
    You can't have it both ways Biggins, either there is evidence that he broke the law or there isn't, which is it?
    If there is evidence, which I believe there is plenty, that he broke the law, WHY has he not been charged.
    And you know why I and others think that is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Happyman42 wrote: »
    You are happy enough to bumble into a thread and castigate all and sundry and you don't want to do any research? Very good....you carry on. :rolleyes:

Amateur deflection tactics there. Answer the questions put to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If investigations are continuing....how do we know Quinn did anything wrong when the bank was functioning? On what basis or evidence are you claiming that he did? Or is it 'just your opinion' that he did?
    You can't have it both ways Biggins, either there is evidence that he broke the law or there isn't, which is it?
    If there is evidence, which I believe there is plenty, that he broke the law, WHY has he not been charged.
    And you know why I and others think that is.

More repeated same questions - which some have been multiple answered already! (more poor research?)
    More questions folks - yet he won't answer any put to him - he avoids them!

:rolleyes:

Ok, I'll try a bogger answer...'I am not in the habit of boiling my cabbage twice'.
    Scroll through the thread and give it a rest.

What are you on about?

Edit: Ah i see. Cabbage metaphors are "rural"

More repeated same questions - which some have been multiple answered already! (more poor research?)
    More questions folks - yet he won't answer any put to him - he avoids them!
    Playing to the gallery Biggins, or the sheeple cavalry? :D

On what are you basing your 'opinion' that Quinn engaged in criminal activity when Anglo was a functioning bank? It's a simple question.

• Advertisement

Playing to the gallery Biggins, or the sheeple cavalry? :D

On what are you basing your 'opinion' that Quinn engaged in criminal activity when Anglo was a functioning bank? It's a simple question.

I and we are still awaiting the answers put to you!

Till then, you stand as a liar for stating I said stuff - that I never said.

I and we are still awaiting the answers put to you!

Till then, you stand as a liar for stating I said stuff - that I never said.

:D:D
    You can't answer it Biggins, because you KNOW what the answer means.
    Sorry to burst his balloon.........folks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

the whole idea of people supporting Quinn in numbers is a joke. Living in Cavan for over 20 years i have seen the effects his employment had on the local economy and I, like many people, taught that he was a great businessman and had a lot of respect for him. But that ended whenever I learned of the corrupt practices that he engaged in to run his company. Why should Quinn get preferential treatment over the thousands of small businessmen that have earned their money legitimately, and have still gone to the wall. Why not rally round these people? bull****!!

Edit: too serious for after hours?

You can't answer it Biggins, because you KNOW what the answer means.
    Sorry to burst his balloon.........folks! ;)

I have given multiple answers to your various twisting questions.
    In the meanwhile...

So no answers to the prior questions put to you?

So no answers to prove your allegations?

So no answers to defend your lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭vanillavanilla

the whole idea of people supporting Quinn in numbers is a joke. Living in Cavan for over 20 years i have seen the effects his employment had on the local economy and I, like many people, taught that he was a great businessman and had a lot of respect for him. But that ended whenever I learned of the corrupt practices that he engaged in to run his company. Why should Quinn get preferential treatment over the thousands of small businessmen that have earned their money legitimately, and have still gone to the wall. Why not rally round these people? bull****!!

Edit: too serious for after hours?

Because there's nothing (some of the) the Irish love to do more than brownnose a bigshot. Fact.

Especially if he's a good, honourable, mass-going, Catholic, GAA supporter, pillar of society. Everyone else can fcuk off and forget about a support rally.

• Advertisement

I have given multiple answers to your various twisting questions.
    In the meanwhile...

So no answers to the prior questions put to you?

So no answers to prove your allegations?

So no answers to defend your lying?

What allegations? I have given my opinions and the facts that I base those opinions on.
    Again.......I am asking you to provide the 'facts' for your opinion that Quinn broke the law in relation to what he was doing while Anglo was a functioning bank. Do these 'facts' exist or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Because there's nothing (some of the) the Irish love to do more than brownnose a bigshot. Fact.

Especially if he's a good, honourable, mass-going, Catholic, GAA supporter, pillar of society. Everyone else can fcuk off and forget about a support rally.
    its ridiculous, Joe Finnegan a local Joe duffy wannabe on Northern Sound has been on the radio all week pretending to listen to the anti quinn side of the argument whilst in reality pushing his pro quinn agenda to the gob****es that listen to him on a regular basis.

What allegations? I have given my opinions and the facts that I base those opinions on.
    Again.......I am asking you to provide the 'facts' for your opinion that Quinn broke the law in relation to what he was doing while Anglo was a functioning bank. Do these 'facts' exist or not?

You deserve answers when you start answering the many previous direct points/questions put to you and you still haven't explained your lying!

You deserve answers when you start answering the many previous direct points/questions put to you and you still haven't explained your lying!

it's a tough one to answer Biggins, eh?

it's a tough one to answer Biggins, eh?

So is your lying apparent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

That's actually a very interesting point, Happyman.

Did Sean Quinn take out the loans, and his family buy the shares?
    If so, that's certainly dodgy, but I'm not sure whether or not it was illegal.

It is, however, very definitely illegal for a bank to lend a customer money to buy shares in that bank.

If a way was found around the law, such as the Quinn family, rather than Sean Quinn buying the shares, then whether it was illegal, or just plain dodgy dealings - then Anglo were every bit as guilty/dodgy as the Quinn family, imo.

Strange that there's no mention of Anglos complicity, in this thread, though.

Noreen1 wrote: »

It is, however, very definitely illegal for a bank to lend a customer money to buy shares in that bank.

If a way was found around the law, such as the Quinn family, rather than Sean Quinn buying the shares, then whether it was illegal, or just plain dodgy dealings - then Anglo were every bit as guilty/dodgy as the Quinn family, imo.

I just cant see an "Anglo Rally" being that popular amongst the gombeens and village idiots that seem to populate this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I'm not a Quinn supporter but this fuss about hiding assets and not a word about Treasury holdings taking €20m each 2 weeks before the receivers came in

is this because Johnny Ronan and Richard Barrett are politically connected?

some €20m of shares were transferred to Richard Barrett and Johnny Ronan for a consideration which most comprised loans.

I just cant see an "Anglo Rally" being that popular amongst the gombeens and village idiots that seem to populate this country

???

Who said anything about an Anglo rally?
    Where's the outrage at Anglos complicity in lending Billions to the Quinns to buy its own shares?

There is outrage at Sean Quinn for borrowing the money, and that's fair enough - but where is the outrage at Anglo illegally lending that amount of money?

We need to know how that particular transaction was pulled off - and ignoring Anglos contribution will not get us the answers we deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lazk

[HTML]It is, however, very definitely illegal for a bank to lend a customer money to buy shares in that bank.[/HTML]

The same but different ?? http://tinyurl.com/cwd9gkb

• Advertisement

I believe Anglo and what they might have been up to, has been mentioned a few times (if memory serves me right).

It also been said by a few people (if memory also serves me right) that they think Anglo has to answer for their antics too (or words to that effect).

They do - only an fool would say different.

However this thread is about Mr Sean Quinn.
    His lies.
    His deception.
    His possible illegal actions and why he's been called to court.
    His unco-operation with the new IBRC (and they then having to get him into court)
    His funnelling of money out of the country.
    His defying the court orders.

This thread is about a rally that (in my opinion and I suspect many more) was foolishly attended by those that do support this possible criminal.
    This thread is about how they think he should be somehow let off just because he once created jobs (and lost them again through his own actions - but some don't wish to see that part).

Let us remind ourselves again...
    I re-quote myself:
    We often see on boards.ie, members posting, giving out about how some home-owners were stupid and reckless to be taking out loan amounts in the thousands to buy their home (and maybe they were reckless!) - but along come Mr Quinn who took out even MASSIVELY larger loans in the hundreds of MILLIONS and some in Cavan thickly think he should get away with not living up to his responsibilities instead!

The irony of it is bloody huge!

We have often see here on boards.ie and on the street, in the newspapers possibly, in the news, etc that people are giving out about how we are having to pay in old and newly invented taxes for the mistakes of others - yes, including the bottomless pit that was the Anglo - and the AIB, BOI, etc...

We have often see here on boards.ie and on the street, in the newspapers possibly, in the news, etc that people are giving out how the likes of Charley Haughty and many more after him got up to no good - even though they too created jobs and possibly supported clubs at a local level...

But then comes Mr Quinn and his antics...

...Aaa... but that all different of course!

Let him off!
    * We don't mind paying approx now 1.3 BILLION for the next 12 to 15 years in more charges, for his antics, fcuk up's, dumping of jobs and breaking the law by defying the Irish courts.
    * We don't mind letting him leaving the country with the whole mess.
    * We don't mind him actually not co-opperating with those trying to sort out his mess!
    * We don't mind his lies.
    * We don't mind his deception.
    * We don't mind his possible illegal actions and why he's been called to court.
    * We don't mind his unco-operation with the new IBRC.
    * We don't mind his funnelling of money out of the country.

No - he's just another victim. An innocent victim!
    The state is out to get him.
    He's innocent.

BULLSCHITE!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Won't anyone think of his poor kids,5 of them having to live of 30000 a month,that's got to be tough.
    Sure we can all club together with a little levy on our insurance the next decade or two.

I believe Anglo and what they might have been up to, has been mentioned a few times (if memory serves me right).

It also been said by a few people (if memory also serves me right) that they think Anglo has to answer for their antics too (or words to that effect).

They do - only an fool would say different.

However this thread is about Mr Sean Quinn.
    His lies.
    His deception.
    His possible illegal actions and why he's been called to court.
    His unco-operation with the new IBRC (and they then having to get him into court)
    His funnelling of money out of the country.
    His defying the court orders.

This thread is about a rally that (in my opinion and I suspect many more) was foolishly attended by those that do support this possible criminal.
    This thread is about how they think he should be somehow let off just because he once created jobs (and lost them again through his own actions - but some don't wish to see that part).

Let us remind ourselves again...
    I re-quote myself:

We have often see here on boards.ie and on the street, in the newspapers possibly, in the news, etc that people are giving out about how we are having to pay in old and newly invented taxes for the mistakes of others - yes, including the bottomless pit that was the Anglo - and the AIB, BOI, etc...

We have often see here on boards.ie and on the street, in the newspapers possibly, in the news, etc that people are giving out how the likes of Charley Haughty and many more after him got up to no good - even though they too created jobs and possibly supported clubs at a local level...

But then comes Mr Quinn and his antics...

...Aaa... but that all different of course!

Let him off!
    * We don't mind paying approx now 1.3 BILLION for the next 12 to 15 years in more charges, for his antics, fcuk up's, dumping of jobs and breaking the law by defying the Irish courts.
    * We don't mind letting him leaving the country with the whole mess.
    * We don't mind him actually not co-opperating with those trying to sort out his mess!
    * We don't mind his lies.
    * We don't mind his deception.
    * We don't mind his possible illegal actions and why he's been called to court.
    * We don't mind his unco-operation with the new IBRC.
    * We don't mind his funnelling of money out of the country.

No - he's just another victim. An innocent victim!
    The state is out to get him.
    He's innocent.

BULLSCHITE!

I never once said he was an innocent victim. I actually don't remember anyone else saying that, either, though they may have.(I've been offline for a while, so I had to skim through this thread to catch up.)

What I do notice, however, is that anyone who raises valid questions about the whole fiasco is almost automatically assumed to be a Quinn supporter, and that their position is automatically invalid because of that.
    I don't think that's a balanced, objective position to take, and hence, I believe that attitude could conceivably be used to hide some of the truth.

Personally, I'm not out to defend Sean Quinn. I'm interested in getting at the truth, and part of that truth involves all the other players - which is why I mention them, not just Sean Quinn.

The rally didn't arise because there were no other parties involved in the situation, hence trying to avoid reference to the other parties is merely avoiding a balanced, reasonable discussion.

I never once said he was an innocent victim.

Nor do I think you ever did.

My post is addressed to those that seem to think that he's a poor victim (despite all his own activities and self-willingness to freely enter into loans which he's reneging on)
    The rally didn't arise because there were no other parties involved in the situation, hence trying to avoid reference to the other parties is merely avoiding a balanced, reasonable discussion.

The rally sadly was organised and arose I suspect because of few of his close friend only wish to believe what they are being told (more lies?) by the Quinn' mafia and are willing to ignore their defiance of the law and their money, out of the country, possible laundering antics.

...And then other people wonder how crooks get away with things in Ireland and cry "Why don't the state do anything about it?" - well the state did and now the Quinns would have us all believe that they shouldn't!
    ...Just for them of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Boombastic wrote: »
    I'm not a Quinn supporter but this fuss about hiding assets and not a word about Treasury holdings taking €20m each 2 weeks before the receivers came in

is this because Johnny Ronan and Richard Barrett are politically connected?

some €20m of shares were transferred to Richard Barrett and Johnny Ronan for a consideration which most comprised loans.

Rather like the 200 million Quinn siphoned from the company to his kids shortly before the administrators had to take it over to save it from him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Rather like the 200 million Quinn siphoned from the company to his kids shortly before the administrators had to take it over to save it from him?

Yes, why has there not been more of a fuss about those 2 hiding their assets?

His possible illegal actions

We are still waiting for you to tell us what he did illegally when Anglo functioned as a bank Biggins.

We are still waiting for you to tell us what he did illegally when Anglo functioned as a bank Biggins.

We are still waiting number times produce previously the proof to the question asked of you!

We are still waiting for you to explain your lying!

Come back when you start to provide accurate answers and stop being a liar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Biggins, your time here is wasted trying to argue the toss with individuals who believe that SQ has been 'hard done by' (to use a well worn quote of his). Be the bigger man and save your energy.

• Advertisement

stepbar wrote: »
    Biggins, your time here is wasted trying to argue the toss with individuals who believe that SQ has been 'hard done by' (to use a well worm quote of his). Be the bigger man and save your energy.

I don't mind the debate but when the likes of Happyman42 comes out with the unsubstantiated, unwilling prove his allegations, then lies, saying I said stuff I haven't, I have to set the record straight.

As it is, I have reported him.

Advertisement