Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How about....?? NEW POLL, PLEASE RE-VOTE FOR VENUE!

Options
  • 30-07-2012 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Another meet up?

Unfortunately these things usually always are in Dublin so sorry to the people who are not there, feel free to organise your own local meet ups, or if you can make it to the Dublin one, that's fantastic :D

For a change of scenery, how about Newbridge House and Farm? It's cheaper than the zoo, but might be a little more difficult for people without a car to get to (the train does stop in Donabate). It also has a hugeeeee playground outside the farm.

If you have objections let us know and if there's too many not able to go because of it we can change it to somewhere more central.

I have put up a poll for dates in September, please vote and let us know what suits, most popular date wins as usual!

What Venue? 8 votes

Newbridge House and Farm, North County Dublin
    0% 0 votes
    Dublin Zoo
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

January wrote: »
    Another meet up?

Unfortunately these things usually always are in Dublin so sorry to the people who are not there, feel free to organise your own local meet ups, or if you can make it to the Dublin one, that's fantastic :D

For a change of scenery, how about Newbridge House and Farm? It's cheaper than the zoo, but might be a little more difficult for people without a car to get to (the train does stop in Donabate). It also has a hugeeeee playground outside the farm.

If you have objections let us know and if there's too many not able to go because of it we can change it to somewhere more central.

I have put up a poll for dates in September, please vote and let us know what suits, most popular date wins as usual!

Corkagh park might be another option.
    http://corkagh.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Either venue suits me. Haven't been to Corkagh park, I was in Newbridge house/Donabate Demense last week & it's really beautiful.
    Accessible by train too as far as I'm aware for those that don't drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I haven't been to Newbridge House yet but I've heard great things about it. I live very close to Corkagh Park and it is lovely. Lots of open space for kids to run around/lie on a blanket and watch the world go by!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

Awh yay! Hope this one works out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The other one worked out, but only two of us turned up :p

• Advertisement

We got as far as the zoo and our son vomited all over himself so we went home. It was probably just as well because we found out later that he had gastroenteritis which would've been a nasty thing to pass on to other little ones.

We got as far as the zoo and our son vomited all over himself so we went home. It was probably just as well because we found out later that he had gastroenteritis which would've been a nasty thing to pass on to other little ones.

Aw the poor little guy How Strange :( Next time we'll do a bit better organisation. I'll send my number to anyone that wants it and if you're going to be a bit late or something we'll head on in and meet you when you get there even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Count us in for sure! Is it just babies or can toddlers come too? Well when I say toddler he's 3 :(:D

Babies, toddlers and older children welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Any time after the 28th September should be good for me- submitting a thesis that week!
    R will have been 1 2 weeks before :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Either venue is good for me. Can't do 1/2 September - 1st is a sponsored walk and 2nd is the kids' birthday but the other dates are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Harley.

Only saw this now! I can actually get to this if it's in newbridge sooooooooooo fingers crossed and any weekend suits :D

Looks like the 16th September is coming out most popular at the moment.

Will change poll now to see what venue gets most votes.

New poll, please vote for which venue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

It wont let me vote January, it's saying:
    Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You have already voted on this poll

My vote is for Newbridge House anyway

It works now Caprilicious well I think :)

Newbridge gets my vote too!

I can't vote again either but I'd vote new bridge house

So 16th September at Newbridge House. Our good buddies at Boards Deals are doing a deal at the moment for a family pass to the farm for €7. Bargain! Snap them up!

Looking forward to this now :)

Imagine we got weather like this!

• Advertisement

Don't jinx it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Aww I have to work that Sunday! :( hope the weathers good for ye and sorry I can't join in!!

I've never been to one of these meets before....what time do we go at and where do we meet? January do you carry a sign saying 'boards parents'? ;)

Hahaha :D No, I don't :p We will meet at 1pm. There's a courtyard just before you enter the farm so we should meet there. If anyone wants me to PM them my number I will and you can text or ring if you're unsure of where to go.

Haha ..ok we'll see you there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I've never been to one of these meets before....what time do we go at and where do we meet? January do you carry a sign saying 'boards parents'? ;)

They often involve me staring at people while ringing them or going over and saying Hi and hoping I have the right person lol

Moonbeam wrote: »

They often involve me staring at people while ringing them or going over and saying Hi and hoping I have the right person lol

That's what I'm afraid of....walking up to random strangers telling them I'm hannibal smith and asking I'd they're January or Monbeam :D

Don't worry we're easy to recognise. We'll be the family of four running in with blankets falling off the buggy, a 3 year old running the complete opposite direction , and two parents arguing over who forgot the changing bag! :D

Same as myself so, But I'll be a family of five lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Woohoo.. it's a sunday i'll definitely be there . . can't wait.. :D family of 6 all mentalists . . .

Just bought the voucher...now to see if i can turn 4 children into 2 :D if only

• Advertisement

You shouldn't have to pay for O...

Advertisement