Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Excavator ticket

Options
  • 30-07-2012 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi all,

Well today after about a month of looking for a job I finally got a call for a FIFO job in a mine as an excavator operator.

I've dual citizenship for those wondering so there's no restrictions for me.

I did my excavator ticket 2 years ago back in Ireland and one of the first things I did when I arrived in Adelaide was to try change over my Irish ticket to the equivalent Oz standard.
    I went into the SafeWork SA office in Adelaide and they said that there was no need to transfer the ticket as it was recognised. So, I took their word for it..

I got a call from a company needing me to start within the week, so I went in for an interview, showed all my certs, tickets, first aid etc etc. When I showed him my Irish excavator ticket he wouldn't accept it as he wanted an Australian ticket. I said to him that I was wanting to change it over when I first got here about a month ago and the SafeWork crowd assured me there was no need.

He said that they made a mistake as they the recruitment company require an Australian ticket for insurance purposes.

Because of this major blunder that the SafeWork government office made It has costed me an opportunity I have been waiting for!

Does anybody here know are Irish tickets any good in Oz??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

No sir, no good in WA anyway.

If you have a Irish ticket you should be fit to get the course a bit cheaper and it'll only last a few hours instead of a whole day or 2. Still talking $300 but.

Congrats on the job, heaps of fellas with digger tickets on the site i'm on and only 4 diggers ta drive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shurwhynot11

Hi all,

Don't know if this is the right thread for this query, but here goes:

I have always been interested in Excavators. I have operated them a handful of times only on our own farm. 1.5 ton bobcat all the ways up to a hitachi ex 120. I want to get my excavator ticket but all the companies providing certification require 6 months experience.

My first question is what sort of experience is required and my second question is how do you gain experience if no one will employ you without a ticket?

All replies very much appreciated.

Advertisement