Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KCLR96fm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

According to the latest JLNR listenership figures KCLR have lost 12% of their audience.

http://www.ilevel.ie/media-blog/radio/102401-jnlr-2012-2-local-radio-listnership

I feel their coverage is very Kilkenny-centered. Do Carlow people listen to KCLR?

Dont listen to it at all, v kilkenny focused.

My mother was a big KCLR supporter but even she has switched away .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Owryan wrote: »
    Dont listen to it at all, v kilkenny focused.

My mother was a big KCLR supporter but even she has switched away .

Being from Kilkenny I can say the radio station is definitely more KK focused now than ever. Think they used have a base in Potato Market they used broadcast from but I guess like all business nowadays they are rationalising and seem to broadcast entirely from Kilkenny now?
    All the presenters seem to be KK based (bar Brendan Hennessey?) and that definitely puts the bias towards Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

They have been going downhill since CKR became kclr.

Bar the Sue Nunn show I don't think there is any show worth listening to on it. Could not actually name any of the others :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

The Carlow studios are still there, and still in use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

foggy_lad wrote: »
    CKR

Ah the memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

6 of the best ok CKR just after 11 if memory serves me right?

And yes Brendan Hennessy flying the only carlow flag...... he is the new christy walsh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Carlow radio needs to steal Clem back from KFM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

remember when CLR and CCR were available ??

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

I started to listen to it last year but got p-eed off with it with Kilkenny this and KK that . Aswell as that it seems like it transmit on 2 frequencies aswell and keeps picking a KK all the time in the car. Was listening to a Carlow match in Dr. Cullen pk about a month ago and the radio in the car kept dropping the Carlow match and was picking up some show that was just about life in Kilkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Ah the memories!

"The Elder Lemon......"

That is all. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭David09

I don't listen to KCLR. I find it depressing and unprofessional. I tune in every so often just to see whats on at that moment but tune out again because its always some interviewer going on and on talking about stuff that's not remotely interesting, as if it was just to fill in air-time.
    Signal for Radio Nova just about covers Carlow and I'd rather listen to this with interference than KCLR coming in clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Far too kilkenny biased

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pauldoyle056

Any 1 no why Sue Nunn isn't coming back on-air?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Haven't a clue.

Awful station though.

Beat and their 101 ads an hour all the way!:pac:

I saw on her Facebook page about a month ago said she was coming back...but then must have decided not to yet, her husband died a while back so has been on leave. I never listen since she left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Higher than ever JNLR's for them again this quarter. Fair play to all involved!

brianblaze wrote: »
    Higher than ever JNLR's for them again this quarter. Fair play to all involved!

Seriously? I've stopped listening since Sue has been off-air!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Station has come on leaps and bounds since last year, across all shows.

Advertisement