Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Tramore

Options
  • 30-07-2012 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have recently moved to near Tramore (Drumcannon). I'm having some trouble with Broadband for my place.

Over the weekend I have tried mobile broadband from emobile and o2 (plus my own vodafone internet on my phone) and none worked. The house doesn't have a phone line in it, although the main house next door does. UPC don't cover the area so they are out.

Does anyone have any suggestions of any companies in the area that could supply decent broadband?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

You could try give wimax a call they cover alot of areas, see can they help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

might be worth checking if the area is in the NBS national braodband scheme... if it is, three.ie have to provide an internet service to you... if the signal is bad, they will have to provide a booster at their expense, and if that still doesnt work, they have to provide a sat system, you can check if your in nbs area on three website.
    I am not saying that you should move to three, but they may be an option for you if desperate...... the emobile broadband and meteor seems to be very poor in alot of places outside major cities....

• Registered Users Posts: 40 yankadi

Hi, I was living near there and used three, it would sometimes go slow but otherwise was ok, when I got the modem, three said if there was an issue they would sort out a booster aerial as it's in the NBS like finnegan was saying. (think there's a tower nearby)
    They've good deals too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Last time i wrote something about Tramore on the Waterford City board it got wiped cos its not Waterford City!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Thanks for replies.

I have tried UPC and they don't cover the area. Imagine are giving me a call back after work to see what they can do. The emobile got EDGEbut that was it. The o2 has gotten 3G at times (and this would suit me for netflix and the like).

I wasn't aware that three for example had to supply it - I was told in the shop that I could return it but only if it didn't work. Otherwise, even if it was very slow, I would have to continue with the contract as there was service provided. Basically it would need to have zero signal to work.

I tried the eircom website there and they don't do the area but it did default to a lower 3Mb plan. I'd need to install a phoneline with them and if I could avoid that I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Last time i wrote something about Tramore on the Waterford City board it got wiped cos its not Waterford City!

My apologies!

I'll report the post and ask for it to be moved.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Topic Moved to Waterford County

Advertisement