Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MasterCard Query

Options
  • 30-07-2012 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am paying for an exam on my MasterCard in the next week and a friend is also using my card as he doesn't have one, and it's a UK institution so they don't take Laser.

Both the transactions will be around €300. Should I contact my bank to advise them? They'll be fairly out of the ordinary for me and I really don't want them to be declined as we'll miss the deadline.

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I would, but I wouldn't mention your friend is "using it"; andif you mean that literally I wouldn't do that either. I wouldn't let anyone other than my wife use my card, and I include family in that. If they need it, I'll use it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

dahamsta wrote: »
    I would, but I wouldn't mention your friend is "using it"; andif you mean that literally I wouldn't do that either. I wouldn't let anyone other than my wife use my card, and I include family in that. If they need it, I'll use it for them.

When I say he's using it he's transferred me the cash but I fill in the payment section of the entry form and sign it as being my card paying for his entry.

I'll give them a call after lunch!

Advertisement