Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and rent allowance, HELP!

Options
  • 30-07-2012 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me, so confused :(
    I'm a BTEA student, going into my 2nd year of a course. I cant afford the travelling costs anymore, so I'm hoping to move up close to the college. Can anyone tell me, do I have to be living in the accommodation 6months before I can be eligible, or am I entitled simply because I'm on BTEA?
    Anything at all would be helpful, I'm terribly confused!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me, so confused :(
    I'm a BTEA student, going into my 2nd year of a course. I cant afford the travelling costs anymore, so I'm hoping to move up close to the college. Can anyone tell me, do I have to be living in the accommodation 6months before I can be eligible, or am I entitled simply because I'm on BTEA?
    Anything at all would be helpful, I'm terribly confused!

Maybe ask on the State Benefits forum?

Or visit the Citizens Info or see your local CWO.. or all three..;)

Basically to qualify for RA you have to have been renting privately anywhere fos six months., or be on the Council Housing list

Advertisement