Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #81

Options
  • 30-07-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here the latest Album of the Week. Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote. Here's the breakdown of the votes. Only albums with more than one vote are listed.

Band|Album|Votes
    Deicide|Legion|7
    Wishbone Ash|Argus|3
    Type O Negative|Bloody Kisses|2

So there we have it. After years of getting pipped at the post, Deicide's second album, Legion has won.

Here is Dead But Dreaming from the winning album:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's... It's glorious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I have to say that I haven't really listened to Deicide much but the sound of that Dead But Dreaming track is great. I love when I can actually hear the bass in a metal song.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Congratulations to Deicide and their legion of supporters, the persistence paid off!

I listened to this album because of the amount of times Max Power1 and Denny M were voting for it. Although it wouldn't be something I'd normally listen to, it seemed like a very good death metal record with parts sounding pleasingly Megadeth-esque to me, so I thought I'd give it my vote this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Well it eventually had to happen, it feels like the end of an era for the Rock & Metal forum getting Legion voted in! I'm going to have to listen to this album now methinks :)

It won with a pretty big majority in the end too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Its a new world :D

In all seriousness. This was the album that got me into death metal in general. One of the greatest DM albums of all time, and well worth a listen for anyone that is not already au fait with the DM genre - it doesnt get much better IMO.

R&M Forum beers needed to celebrate :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Max Power1 wrote: »

In all seriousness. This was the album that got me into death metal in general. One of the greatest DM albums of all time, and well worth a listen for anyone that is not already au fait with the DM genre - it doesnt get much better IMO.

Babies got their toys finally how sweet :rolleyes:

I'd buy you an ice cream instead :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Max Power1 wrote: »

top-10-revenge-movie-villains08.jpg

Yeah, that's right, you better walk away! Go on and walk away...'cause I'm gonna' burn this motherbonker down. King Kong ain't got poo poo on me!

This ain't no new world...it's the same old world with a new flavour.

Boom!

Fecking Deicide mutter mutter mutter:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

AOTW will never be the same again...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

The first Deicide album is better but Legion is a bit of alright too.

Advertisement