Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manufacturer won't give info on used products.

Options
  • 30-07-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

-

So I purchased a small 2nd hand snooker table privately in
    Ireland which has the maker's logo and wanted to know more
    about it but couldn't find any info on the internet. Didn't
    think to ask the seller at the time.

I'm very happy with it, by the way.

Just wanted to know specifically what model it was, and if it
    was 'recoverable', so emailed the maker in the UK and the reply I
    got was: "Sorry, we don't give out info on used products".

A bit disappointing.

What reason might they have for not giving out some basic
    info? Do they imagine I might have stolen the table?

:mad:

-

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Maybe they think that your trying to somehow claim warranty or something?

May I suggest that you e-mail them again under a different name/email asking them about details of new products your interested in buying and you could say a retailer couldn't properly answer the questions, pick the model you need info on and some other random model. :) (so it doesn't look odd)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

They probably just don't like people buying secondhand products. You only need to look at the entire video game market to find them some company.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ukonline

Cabaal wrote: »
    Maybe they think that your trying to somehow claim warranty or something?

May I suggest that you e-mail them again under a different name/email asking them about details of new products your interested in buying and you could say a retailer couldn't properly answer the questions, pick the model you need info on and some other random model. :) (so it doesn't look odd)

-

I think it's been discontinued, because I can't find any reference to it anywhere; Google Images, online shops, etc. But mine looks to be only a couple of years old or less. Maybe if I look further I could find a retailer with one in stock.

Thanks.

Just to add, I wasn't asked if I had a receipt and never mentioned anything about warranties, just asked "what is the model and is it recoverable", ie. can the cloth be replaced when it wears down to much. I didn't imply I expected them to recover foc. These smaller tables are generally not recoverable, but I'd just like to know and I'm just curious about which model it is.

Another note. Just replied to them to ask why they won't give info. I'm a genius!

:cool:

-

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

ukonline wrote: »
    Just wanted to know specifically what model it was, and if it
    was 'recoverable', so emailed the maker in the UK and the reply I
    got was: "Sorry, we don't give out info on used products".

A bit disappointing.

What reason might they have for not giving out some basic
    info? Do they imagine I might have stolen the table?

They have no commercial reason to spend time on you. It may even be that you were sold a fake with a genuine badge from one of their tables and by getting involved with you, they could get dragged into a dispute between you and the person who sold you the table.

I can definitely see why they refused your request, they can probably smell trouble and want nothing to do with you. Please don't be offended, I just can't see how it would make any sense to enter into correspondence with you.

coylemj wrote: »
    They have no commercial reason to spend time on you. It may even be that you were sold a fake with a genuine badge from one of their tables and by getting involved with you, they could get dragged into a dispute between you and the person who sold you the table.

I can definitely see why they refused your request, they can probably smell trouble and want nothing to do with you. Please don't be offended, I just can't see how it would make any sense to enter into correspondence with you.

-

Okay, thanks.

Feck it. I'll forget about them and just enjoy the table. Maybe I'll post a pic in a snooker forum.

I'll just have to find a different supplier for my global chain of snooker clubs.

Sigh!

:(

-

• Advertisement

-

Got a reply this morning. Table is not recoverable
    and suggested I contact seller for more info.

So they met me half way. Would be nice to know
    the model and typical retail price.

Will just leave it at that.

:)

-

Advertisement