Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it ok to strike a girl under certain circumstances?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭RED PASSION

what about a small built guy 5'2 against "stocky" build girl 5'8 or 9 plenty like this in ucd throwing their weight around surely you have to be able to defend yourself without some other idiot men attacking you, some men are fools

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭tonymontana82

You'd want a bit of back up before taking them on.

Thats 1 situation i wouldnt like to be in lads, iv seen that stuff in my own town aswell with travellers, obviously im not talking about all of them, my best mate is originally from a travelling community & he is 1 of the nicest guys you could meet.
    But some of those women are utter scumbags, they do what they want & its world war 3 then if some1 stands upto them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Dont know if its been mentioned in this thread.

But...

there is a thread about it here

But I think this is a perfect example of when its ok to hit a woman.
    Can't help but note that the girls off cam are giggling when she is hitting the man. but as soon as he hits back (and knocks her out) they are all over like a bullet :rolleyes: Clearly it was "ok" for her to try and kick the crap out of the man. But "too far" when he fights back :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

But I think this is a perfect example of when its ok to hit a woman.
    Can't help but note that the girls off cam are giggling when she is hitting the man. but as soon as he hits back (and knocks her out) they are all over like a bullet :rolleyes: Clearly it was "ok" for her to try and kick the crap out of the man. But "too far" when he fights back :rolleyes:

He should give each one of the rest of those vermin a smack as well the minute they get within a foot of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Thats 1 situation i wouldnt like to be in lads, iv seen that stuff in my own town aswell with travellers, obviously im not talking about all of them, my best mate is originally from a travelling community & he is 1 of the nicest guys you could meet.
    But some of those women are utter scumbags, they do what they want & its world war 3 then if some1 stands upto them.

That's why I was saying a guy shouldn't confront them on his own.
    They always have the men with them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

im female and it boils my blood that there is a type of woman that kicks hell out of a guy just because she knows he wont return fire. :mad:

my fella has a female mate like this she actually starts thumping lads for entertainment i tried shaming her out of it one night. She only stopped when he told her she better stop because one more hit and he would slap her back you would think he told her he was going to kill her stupid bint.

if anyone hits anyone with the intent of hurting them i think it should be ok to defend yourself and if one party is alot bigger that the other then the one return slap should do the trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I was once hit repeatidly by a girl in smoking area. I walked and walked but this tramp kept up with me casually punching me and slapping my head.

I pushed her away with one hand and with that about 6 guys surrounded me saying how I shouldn't hit a woman bla bla bla.

What's wrong with that? It's braindead bandwagon stupid bastárds who didn't see anything but done "the right thing" even though they clearly hadn't seen what was going on. Adequate punishment would have been a black eye for the bítch followed by a good kick in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

For me it is never ok for a man to hit a woman, or for a woman to hit a man except in self defense.

I don't understand why nowadays it is seen to more acceptable for women to be violent and not men. Should men not be allowed to defend themselves? Should women be allowed to get away with being physically abusive because they are apparently the weaker fairer sex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

For me it is never ok for a man to hit a woman, or for a woman to hit a man except in self defense.

I don't understand why nowadays it is seen to more acceptable for women to be violent and not men. Should men not be allowed to defend themselves? Should women be allowed to get away with being physically abusive because they are apparently the weaker fairer sex?

It's ingrained in our culture sadly. It is an acceptable norm for a female to physically strike a male. You'd often see men getting slapped across the face on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

It's ingrained in our culture sadly. It is an acceptable norm for a female to physically strike a male. You'd often see men getting slapped across the face on tv.

I'm female and I actually cringe when I see that cliche on TV. Man says something insulting to a woman, woman slaps him across the face, et voila, she's won the argument. It's insulting on two levels, that the best reply a woman can come up with is violence and that it's acceptable to smack another person in response to an insult. And it's usually the men who get the brunt of it. Ugh.

Lollers wrote: »
    I'm female and I actually cringe when I see that cliche on TV. Man says something insulting to a woman, woman slaps him across the face, et voila, she's won the argument. It's insulting on two levels, that the best reply a woman can come up with is violence and that it's acceptable to smack another person in response to an insult. And it's usually the men who get the brunt of it. Ugh.

I find it quite distasteful myself. Why slap when they could kiss it out. Everyone prefers a kiss to a slap, well almost everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

In self-defence it's ok for a man to strike a woman though it should be avoided. I wouldn't recommend the other way around though. I've got a fair beating trying to defend myself. You're always better off running away if you're weaker.
    I find it quite distasteful myself. Why slap when they could kiss it out. Everyone prefers a kiss to a slap, well almost everyone.

Angry aggressive kissing? That's difficult to watch. Almost as bad as troubled /tortured kissing; think Twilight. Puke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

I was at an Eminem gig a few years ago in Punchestown (yes, a magnet for creamers...never again) and on the way out to the car park we were walking behind 2 girls who kept shouting abuse at 2 guys in front of them. Eventually, they turned around and said something. Both of them leapt on to the lads backs and started punching them, pulling their hair, scraping their faces – the whole works. The lads tried for a few seconds to push them away but to no avail so they just turned on the bitches. A couple of swift punches to the faces for one girl and 2-3 knees in the face for the other. When they fell to the ground, the boys just walked away.

Now, I used to be of the opinion that a man should NEVER hit a woman until I saw this. It made me realise that women can be just as capable of causing severe damage as a man – and the satisfaction of seeing both of them start a vicious fight only for it to turn on them in an instant was great!

TLDR: If bitches be wanting to fight with men, then men are more than entitled to fight back – as viciously as they’ve been attacked. Under no circumstances though should a man hit a woman first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Some women are far worse than men for violence and just being little scanger cnuts imho :mad:
    I know there are lots of scumbag guys too, but a lot of the time its usually to impress their scanger of a woman or their round of cronies surrounding them :rolleyes:
    Women can be just as vicious and its usually, not always, but usually a certain type too.
    Fiair play to the guy in the the OPs post, in all fairness if your giving out crap in one way or another whether your a guy or a girl, you should expect it back the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Simple thing that these "women" need to remember. Generally guys are faster, stronger and will have fought guys their size before. If you are scummy enough to hit a guy just be prepared that you might be hitting the wrong (right) guy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

I'd be way more scared of encountering a bunch of hard-nut women than a bunch of hard-nut lads - usually just end up having the craic with the lads. Neither group would be nice for a fella to encounter though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Certain circumstances, like you come home from work to a dirty house and your dinner is in the microwave and not served hot at the table.

Well then I don't think there is a jury in the land that would convict the hubby of battery.

(I really think there isn't and I know women out there who are not ladies to say the least, but I couldn't)

Colmustard wrote: »
    Certain circumstances, like you come home from work to a dirty house and your dinner is in the microwave and not served hot at the table.

Well then I don't think there is a jury in the land that would convict the hubby of battery.

(I really think there isn't and I know women out there who are not ladies to say the least, but I couldn't)

Mod

Keep your unfunny jokes to yourself in future.

Advertisement