Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I sign on?

Options
  • 30-07-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I have just been given 2 weeks notice of the loss of my job :mad:.
    What do I need to do to register for the dole without any wasting of time? i.e i don't want waiting 5-8 weeks :eek: until i can sign on and get a stack of back payment too

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

What forms do i have to fill out?
    What documentation do I need to have ready?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Any help is appreciated :).
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Sorry to hear about losing your job.
    If you look up the department of social welfare website and under jobsseeker's benefit you will find all the information you need. It will also tell you what you need to bring to the office to apply.
    You can also print out the correct forms here also as there are 2 different forms - one if you have signed on before and one if you have never signed on.
    You need to bring in your P45 as soon as possible to the office also.
    I would start to apply for jobs and bring prof that you are looking for work.
    When they are processing your form you may have to wait a few weeks but you will get back pay. When you are in the dole office ask them were is your nearest community welfare office and what day and time is the community welfare officer there. If you go here you may be able to get some money which is taken off your claim.
    Hope this is of help to you and good luck.

Advertisement