Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripplecom Broadband

• 30-07-2012 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all. I live out in Longwood Co Meath and it seems we are in the stoneage when it comes to Broadband. There are very little options for me. I'm currently using O2 mobile broadband with one of their globesurfer routers. It works fine for me but my only issue is the 15GB limit which is too little as I work from home a lot.

I've recently come accross a company called Ripplecom who boast fast speeds and a generous allowance (70GB and also unlimited packages). their offering seems good but my only problem is I don't know if they are actually any good.

To get them installed I've to pay €150 instillation fee and also €70 for the router. I don't mind paying this if the service is good but I've never really heard anything about them before.

Can anyone give me some advice if they've used them before. Are they any good, are their speeds ok?

I will be using the internet for gaming, netflix, general surfing and also some downloading.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Drexl_Spivey

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I wouldn't judge them by any thread here on Boards. Ripplecom are an amalgamation of lots of fixed wireless providers, Ice, LastMile, IFA Telecom etc. all using lots of different technologies. Hence, their service can work well in some regions, but not in others. It's probably best to ask your neighbours or someone from your locality how well it works in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Moorowman

Hi all,
    I've just signed on with Ripplecom and have a weeks cooling off period to cancel if I wish. I don't like a lot of what I'm reading here about them. I live in Westmeath in a rural area called Gaybrook (no puns please) and I'm wondering are there any other ripplecom users nearby and how they rate them. I have little or no alternative for broadband in this area. Would welcome any and all advice and opinion ASAP.
    Cheers,
    Aido.

Hi all,
    I've just signed on with Ripplecom and have a weeks cooling off period to cancel if I wish. I don't like a lot of what I'm reading here about them. I live in Westmeath in a rural area called Gaybrook (no puns please) and I'm wondering are there any other ripplecom users nearby and how they rate them. I have little or no alternative for broadband in this area. Would welcome any and all advice and opinion ASAP.
    Cheers,
    Aido.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

if you asked me that question 6 months ago i would have said they are great..... but over the lsst few months the service is worse that 3g, im on the frewin hill mast take a look at my results

75188575.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2420135765.png

Thanks pm.
    Appreciate the feedback. They mentioned the Frewin hill mast to me on the phone too so that doesn't sound too good.. What area do you live in (or does that make a difference?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

im in rathconrath dont think that makes a difference did you try digiweb ? they have a mast located on the esb building in town and should reach gaybrook, i know they can reach shandonagh bridge. they have a 20mb package for the same price worth a call

Will give that a try. Only have a couple of days to find an alternative so thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fence_

Hi pm.
    Have just moved out to the Rathconrath area & investigating broadband options, or the lack thereof. Are Ripplecom the best for the area do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Chef-1st

I'm in Longwood, Co. Meath. And I've been with Riplecom over a year.
    Worst most unprofessional service I have ever seen in my life. The only reliable part of their service is they take your €45 on the button each month, and if they don't get it, they're swift to send you warnings and cut you off. Very unreliable, poor at best broadband. Past few month especially. I don't know what is going on down in their office in Limerick, but someone is having a laugh at our expense. Their customer support don't even care anymore. I wonder are they all losing their jobs soon or something?

Anyway, I would not, and could not recommend them. They only get away with it because most people have no other options in rural area. They just cannot sustain this shoddy service for much longer I reckon.

Advertisement