Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem finding Irish fiction ebooks

Options
  • 30-07-2012 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey,

I've been reading and enjoying ebooks for quite a while now and have never had difficulty finding free downloads for what I was looking for, mainly because the books I read would be popular enough amongst many internet-faring folk (Game of Thrones, Stephen King, Star Wars novels etc.)

However, the mother recently got a Kindle for her birthday and has tasked me with tracking down a list of titles (mostly Irish chick-lit from what I can gather) before she goes off to Spain next week.

Out of the entire list I was only able to get one of them and the rest are either hiding very well or just don't exist online. Google seems to have failed me.

Here's the list I was given:

My Big Fake Irish Life and Manifesting Mr Right both by Caitlin McKenna.
    The Bitch-Proof Suit by De-ann Black.
    RSVP and Man Hunt both by Marisa Mackle.
    Irish Sex Fairy by Kelly Jamieson.
    Love Knot by Sheila O'Kelly.
    The Do-Over by Kathy Dunnehoff.
    Along the Way by Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez.
    Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel by Sylvia Day
    In a Moment by Caroline Finnerty.
    Too Good to be True by Sheila O'Flanagan.
    Honey on Your Mind by Maria Mumane.

If anyone could direct me to somewhere that's likely to do them <snip>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭allprops

Hi november one, I'm not quite happy with the idea of any poster illegally downloading books by small time Irish writers who are struggling to make a few bob!
    I'm sure that Stephen King can afford it but not sure about some of the others on your list. Whatever you think of their work, these people deserve to be paid for their efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I don't know about the rest but Caroline Finnerty is on Facebook, send her a message asking if an ebook will be available. She may be able to put pressure on the publisher to provide an ebook. That said, this is her first book so I'm not sure she is in a position to 'demand' anything from her publisher at the moment :)

EDIT: Lol, just saw you asking for torrents. Nope, that's not allowed here!. As you' are new to the site (post-count wise anyway) I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

Also, I agree, some of these authors are only starting out so to ask for free illegal downloads is very wrong and doing them a disservice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Did a random search on 4 of those titles on the WHSmith ebook site...all could be bought there. Buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 November One

Ah sorry didn't know it was a against the rules. Anyways, I found that most of the titles could be bought digitally for 99c so I went with that.

My only worry was that I would have to fork out 10-15 euro a pop for them and simply wouldn't be able to afford that. Delighted that I found the deal I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sokelly

Hey,

I've been reading and enjoying ebooks for quite a while now and have never had difficulty finding free downloads for what I was looking for, mainly because the books I read would be popular enough amongst many internet-faring folk (Game of Thrones, Stephen King, Star Wars novels etc.)

However, the mother recently got a Kindle for her birthday and has tasked me with tracking down a list of titles (mostly Irish chick-lit from what I can gather) before she goes off to Spain next week.

Out of the entire list I was only able to get one of them and the rest are either hiding very well or just don't exist online. Google seems to have failed me.

Here's the list I was given:

My Big Fake Irish Life and Manifesting Mr Right both by Caitlin McKenna.
    The Bitch-Proof Suit by De-ann Black.
    RSVP and Man Hunt both by Marisa Mackle.
    Irish Sex Fairy by Kelly Jamieson.
    Love Knot by Sheila O'Kelly.
    The Do-Over by Kathy Dunnehoff.
    Along the Way by Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez.
    Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel by Sylvia Day
    In a Moment by Caroline Finnerty.
    Too Good to be True by Sheila O'Flanagan.
    Honey on Your Mind by Maria Mumane.

If anyone could direct me to somewhere that's likely to do them <snip>
    Hi
    I'm Sheila O'Kelly, author of Love Knot. I'm delighted you stumbled across my book. Amazon is charging $1.22 for it at the moment on .com at

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Knot-ebook/dp/B001UE6LVW/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1344850828&sr=1-1&keywords=love+knot+sheila+o%27kelly

or .co.uk at £1.92
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-Knot-ebook/dp/B001UE6LVW/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1344850878&sr=1-1

Or of course you can buy it directly on the Kindle.

Not free, I know, but then I did spend a year or two writing it!

Regards

Sheila

• Advertisement
Advertisement