Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residents Assistant job

Options
  • 30-07-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

Applied for a residents assistant job to save cash on rent while going back to study at UL. Anyone got any experience of this, i remember in my undergrad at qub the resident assistants were scourged by drunk 1st years doing stupid sh*t all the time (myself included), and having to deal with it.

Is that what id be in for at UL if i got the job, any one got any experiences??:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭poeticjustice

Good way to save a bit of money but a horrendous job if drunken teenagers waking you up at all hours of the night isn't your thing :)

Do you mind me asking how you applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭eire_245

is it really that bad?? ill be doing grad med so will need all the nights sleep i can get!

i mailed student accom and asked about it because i remembered they had them in qub and ucd when i was there and they sent me out the flier!

so i had to send in a cv and cover letter, could be worth blasting them an email if your interested!

I'm not sure how bad it is to be honest. I was in college in Scotland and I think the residents assistants were on call every second week or something like that. So if someone lost their keys after a night out, you would be called at whatever hour of the night and would have to be present to let them in. Its a bit restrictive I guess and i'm sure quite annoying but you save a lot of cash

I'm not sure how bad it is to be honest. I was in college in Scotland and I think the residents assistants were on call every second week or something like that. So if someone lost their keys after a night out, you would be called at whatever hour of the night and would have to be present to let them in. Its a bit restrictive I guess and i'm sure quite annoying but you save a lot of cash

yea its every 3rd wknd with UL, but its a heap of cash to save! and no doubt dealing with jager fuelled 18 yr olds all the time! Nooooooo

ha! depends I suppose. did they give you any idea of your duties? Or which village you'd be living in? the new post grad place would be alright but plassey would be a nightmare!! :)

• Advertisement

covering reception in the evenings and helping with patrols etc and the weekend cover i mentioned! sounds pretty easy if you ask me! :D

patrols?? ughhh, not worth it. get the feeling you could be hated very easily in this job

patrols?? ughhh, not worth it. get the feeling you could be hated very easily in this job

hmmmm thats what i was thinking, the rent is pretty cheap in UL right? might not be worth the hassle!

On campus it's between 3500 and 5000 roughly for the academic year. I emailed them today about the residents assistants position but the closing date was last friday. They asked me to send a cv anyway though because they might reconsider.

I'm like you though. Not sure if it's worth the hassle. And I really like my sleep!!!

Advertisement