Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long hair on men

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

syndeyfife wrote: »
    If you get it trimmed frequently it should grow quicker.....so Ive heard!!

I get my hair cut twice a year at most

Don't think that's entirelly true, but it is a good idea to get the ends done, otherwise it'll be a complete mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I haven't been next nor near a hairdressers in donkeys years. I had long hair in school and once it started to recede I shaved it. Wouldn't pay a hairdresser to shave my head so I do it myself.

As I can no longer grow my own hair long I now think it looks disgusting on other men. Stupid receding hairlines. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I like it. Wife beater shirt and piece of grass in mouth is a prerequisite.

Federation flag for your pick-up is a must also.

I was thinking a MacGyver mullet, tasteful like.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

Is long hair a prerequisite for being a boards mod, then?

Longest hair I have is on my back. The chicks love the way it cascades from my shoulders down past the fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Tis but a myth!

The only thing cutting hair does is make it shorter and get rid of split ends.

It's similar to the 'shave your beard for it to grow thicker' myth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I was thinking a MacGyver mullet, tasteful like.

Thats a lot classier. Adds a bit of mystery to the 'do.'

You better work on your ability to jump and roll out of moving cars. Chicks really dig that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

After watching the Olympics opening ceremony, I'm calling my long hair style "the McCartney"...

Meant to get it cut over the past few weeks but it's not a priority at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Oh god a bit of stubble....mmmmmff!!!!
    Sweet baby Jesus.... stubble!! makes me go weak at the knees!! :D

where are you women when i am out.
    i am constantly being told to shave.
    and i hate shaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Long hair on men? Ew. Just glad I met my OH after it got all chopped off. I wouldn't have looked twice at him otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

I don't think it grows quicker, but it'll be in better condition so you can let it get longer without breaking / looking really crap. My sister reckons that hair has a personal maximum length, as hers just won't get any longer (although she gets it cut very frequently).

I'm too broke to get my hair cut often now, and it's about bra strap length. I got it cut a few weeks ago, and as the hairdresser was leaving my house (she's not in a salon anymore, which is why she comes to me, not cos I'm Victoria Beckham!) the aforementioned sister arrives & goes "wow your hair has gotten so long!" :(

For me, short hair on gents is preferable. Almost took my OH's eye out with an accidental ponytail to the eye the other night, and I don't fancy that happening to me! :eek: Lots of lads just have unkempt manes; a little conditioner & Moroccan oil would go a long way!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Borboletinha

On both men and women, very attractive... (Of course you've got to have good hair to pull it off...) Those guys from the ''More than words video" or a much much younger Axl Rose or Chris Hemsworth(Thor)... Hell, yeah!!

Somehow I married a baldie and he's hot all the same without hair... He knows about my long hair fetiche though which I had to overcome to be with him...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

FatherLen wrote: »
    where are you women when i am out.
    i am constantly being told to shave.
    and i hate shaving

Then dont! Stubble is awesome and oh so sexy!! ;):D

Quite a lot of girls find stubble really appealing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

It's not long hair that I have a problem with- it's the fact that 9 times out of 10 it's a greasy scraggly mess. Usually of the wannabe rocker/metal head variety.

Don't even get me started on guys with long hair on the sides and a bald patch smack bang on top... tragic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

ihsb wrote: »
    Long hair on men? Ew. Just glad I met my OH after it got all chopped off. I wouldn't have looked twice at him otherwise.

His balls were next to go too I take it? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

Then dont! Stubble is awesome and oh so sexy!! ;):D

Quite a lot of girls find stubble really appealing

+1! A little rough stubble & soft lips... sigh! ;) (Make sure to keep those lips soft!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭jan shyr

Short hair always for me. Training with long hair would be very uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Look OP, the wimmens are completely capricious and feckless, there's no point in trying to second guess what they like/don't like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Some woman love long hair the way many men love blonde hair. they will excuse looks for this.
    Had my hair down to my hip at one point. Woman would be a bit more forward towards me. Short hair still resulted in woman but less forward approach.
    Not sure I could grow it again as my crown looks a little more visible now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

[QUOTE=syndeyfife;79985353]If you get it trimmed frequently it should grow quicker.....so Ive heard!!

I get my hair cut twice a year at most[/QUOTE]

Hair grows from the roots so wouldnt make a difference if you get the ends trimmed regularly or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Forgot about him (obvi when Jim Caviezel played him).

jimpj.jpg
    A couple of weeks back, my 2 year old niece saw a picture of Jesus and thought it was me.

That alone makes me want to keep my hair fairly longish, though I'll probably stick to it being at about shoulder length.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I shave my hair to number 1 level, don't get the long hair look on men at all.
    On the other hand I love a woman with long hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

On the other hand I love a woman with long hair.

Agreed, Ill have long hair until im dead :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Love long hair on men so long as it's clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I would like to have long hair, but every time it gets to medium length (about 4-5 inches) it starts doing all sorts of weird shit, like it curls up at the edges and the top just gets ridiculously thick, like a beehive with a whorl, and the rest of it falls in my eyes.

Is there some special way of getting your hair cut between the short phase and the long phase so you get to mitigate the more unmanageable middle phase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

later12 wrote: »
    I would like to have long hair, but every time it gets to medium length (about 4-5 inches) it starts doing all sorts of weird shit, like it curls up at the edges and the top just gets ridiculously thick, like a beehive with a whorl, and the rest of it falls in my eyes.

Is there some special way of getting your hair cut between the short phase and the long phase so you get to mitigate the more unmanageable middle phase?

Buy a hair straightener :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Buy a hair straightener :)

What kind of a skirt would I need to wear to go with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You probably need to get an undercut. That's what I did for my mullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭WhimSock

later12 wrote: »
    What kind of a skirt would I need to wear to go with that?

Just buy a blue coloured one and rename it as a Filamentous Biomaterial Clamp.

/ this post may ir may not have been aided by Wikipedia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Jesus had long hair.

• Advertisement

And God.

WhimSock wrote: »
    And God.

Well they are the one person aren't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Pros of long hair on men:

1. You can save ton of money by not getting a haircut
    2. Some girls are crazy for it. I scored more girls when I had long hair than I did with short hair
    3. Headbanging with a shaved head just isn't the same
    4. The vast majority of blokes have short hair, and most of them look like boring c*nts.
    5. Why blend in when you can stand out?
    6. You can wear pigtails to amuse people
    7. If you have a cockney accent and a ponytail you are a badass motherf*cker

Unfortunatly long hair and receding hairlines don't go well so I had to shave mine :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Don't like very long hair on guys, but anything shoulder length or above is lovely - the length that Sawyer from Lost had it was perfect. But it does have to be kept in good nick (not greasy) and always left loose not tied in a pony tail. If hair is dark and curly and should length then all the better.

Well they are the one person aren't they?

No, one if them has brown hair and the other is a silver fox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I used to have long hair (I got it cut a couple of years ago and have kept it short) and would regularly get called a woman or a girl by teenagers. My massive sideburns didn't even seem to be a clue to them that I was male.

If all it takes is long hair to confuse you into thinking someone is a woman you need to learn some basic biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Nooooooooooooo, men cut your HAIR... long fingernails on a man is awful also, i dont care if you play guitar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Long hair on lads does not do it for me, they look a bit creepy and perverted to me for some reason.

Apart from Jason Mews - he's a fine thang dammit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Define long hair. Are you talking about a ponytail?
    Definitely Not a ponytail. It looks absolutely ridiculous.

Do men with ponytails even own a mirror? :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Zero1986 wrote: »
    Pros of long hair on men:

1. You can save ton of money by not getting a haircut
    2. Some girls are crazy for it. I scored more girls when I had long hair than I did with short hair
    3. Headbanging with a shaved head just isn't the same
    4. The vast majority of blokes have short hair, and most of them look like boring c*nts.
    5. Why blend in when you can stand out?
    6. You can wear pigtails to amuse people
    7. If you have a cockney accent and a ponytail you are a badass motherf*cker

Unfortunatly long hair and receding hairlines don't go well so I had to shave mine :(

Well I'd rather look like a "boring c*nt" than a hippie wannabee with long hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Love guys with long hair, so long as they look after it. Also, on the topic of long nails, I quite like it too....so long as their hands are somewhat feminine and slender to go with it. Apparently this makes me a weirdos but I don't care :pac:. As far as everything else goes though, they've got to be manly! Tall, toned and deep voice and I go weak at the knees......I wish Peter Steele still alive :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I'd love long hair :( Well, a few inches long like. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Well I'd rather look like a "boring c*nt" than a hippie wannabee with long hair.

long hair makes you a hippie wannabee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Now that's a new level of shallow! Sweet Jesus!

• Advertisement

I'd suggest going to the nearest metal bar and informing some of the long haired lads within that they are "hippie wannabees".

Good luck with that by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Now that's a new level of shallow! Sweet Jesus!

How so? When you meet someone for the first time... it is all based on looks. Then other things come after. Why bother if you don't fancy them?

I don't believe anyone if they disagree... the only way looks don't come first is if you were friends first.

How so? When you meet someone for the first time... it is all based on looks. Then other things come after. Why bother if you don't fancy them?

I don't believe anyone if they disagree... the only way looks don't come first is if you were friends first.

So he was good enough for you in every way but god forbid his hair length was any different?!

I wonder does he realise that he's with an individual who considers something as utterly irrelevant as a haircut to be a deal breaker in whether a relationship happens or not?

Some women, man.... it really blows me away how shallow and materialistic and petty some of you are when it comes to this type of stuff!

Jesus wept, I ****ing despair sometimes, really?!

I can't begin to describe to you how pathetic that sounds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

So he was good enough for you in every way but god forbid his hair length was any different?!

I wonder does he realise that he's with an individual who considers something as utterly irrelevant as a haircut to be a deal breaker in whether a relationship happens or not?

Some women, man.... it really blows me away how shallow and materialistic and petty some of you are when it comes to this type of stuff!

Probably happens for both sexes a lot but no one says anything :(

Get over it. Men can be just as shallow.

And I say that even though I think it is shallow to write somebody off because of hair-length.

• Advertisement
Advertisement