Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the Best Prank you've ever pulled or seen pulled?

• 30-07-2012 2:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭

Friday night was heading into town with a mate on the 46a (forgot to pick up my guitar) and when we got to Donnybrook this woman got on (late 40s, caked in Max Factor) and sat down in the seat in front of us (downstairs) and what with the the fumes off her, we could only assume that someone had steeped her clothes in perfume the night previous.

Anyway, her phone rings (iPhone set to office ringtone) and with the poshest D4 accent she answers and shouts:

"HALLOH .. OH DAPHNE .. YES, WELL I TRIED TO PHONE YOU BUT .. NO DAPHNE NO .. I'M ACTUALLY ON A BUS .. YES, A BUS .. I KNOW .. WELL NEEDS MUST (obnoxious laughter) WHAT? .. NO, JOHN HAS TAKEN THE CAAR AND MY BAG WAS ON THE SEAT AND ALL MY CARDS WERE .. WAIT DAPHNE .. (she looks around as if everyone about her was covered in excrement) I'LL CALL YOU IN PINCH HUN AS EVERYONE HERE IS LISTENING TO MY CONVERSATION .. OKAY, WILL DO".

Quick glance around and everyone within earshot (the whole downstairs) were rolling their eyes and slowly shaking their heads at her. The bloody cheek of the her: WE were "listening" to her conversation. No, we were assaulted by your conversation you verminous battleaxe!

Anyway, on we went (her gripping her handbag as if we were on the 77 :p) and when we got to the Berkeley Rd, she rises and informs the bus driver that she wishes to be dropped at the next stop (bell too good for her I guess).

Then, just as steps off and the bus is pulling away (her walking back alongside it) my mate quickly taps on the window to get her attention. She looks at him out of the corner of her eye (face like a slapped arse, mouth as if she'd just taken a sip of lemon juice) to which my friend slowly raises his own iPhone and winks at her, with smug grin on his face.

Well, her mouth drops open and she nearly goes arse over tit turning on her heels, clambering to get the driver to stop - to her misfortune, he does and so she marches in announcing that a man on the bus has robbed her, instructing the driver to "Call the police" before she proceeds to walk down and say (as if she were on stage at the Abbey): "The police have been called clever man. I suggest you give that back."

Mate calmly says: "I'm sorry, but you misunderstood. I was just saying that we have the same phone as one another, that's all (then holds up his iPhone as if it wasn't worth all that much) .. this one is mine". She opened her bag and slowly took out her own to which everyone broke up, even the driver (who made some quip to her which I wish I had heard).

Maybe you had to be there, but thought it was up there with the best pranks I've ever witnessed, all the more funnier as she was deserving of it (think all the best pranks have that about them).

Anyway, what's your favourite prank that you've either done yourself or witnessed being done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I know a lad who convinced a cop he had a limp and a gammy hand for about 2 hours.

The cop dropped his coffee cup in shock when he realised he'd been tricked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I know a lad who convinced a cop he had a limp and a gammy hand for about 2 hours.

The cop dropped his coffee cup in shock when he realised he'd been tricked.

He also convinced him he didn't exist!!!

I have done so many I do not know where to start. I have a bit of a fetish for pranks and tricks.

The one that jumped first to mind _this_ time though (theres been a few threads on this before) was a time I was driving along a road in england and some friends were following who did not know the way. We lost them though so I decided I would pull in to let them catch up.

At that exact moment I saw some really black skid marks going off the road and into a field/hedge/ditch thing. Looks like a Tractor did a sudden turn. The best part of the "prank" was that I do not even remember deciding to do it. I just found myself - as if controlled by the great prankster in the sky - pulling into the ditch just where the skid marks ended - and lying face down on the steering wheel and indicating my passanger to do the same.

The face on our mates when they caught up was priceless - looking as it did like we went off the road and were dead on the dashboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Bravo OP. A work of art I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Friday night was heading into town with a mate on the 46a (forgot to pick up my guitar) and when we got to Donnybrook this woman got on (late 40s, caked in Max Factor) and sat down in the seat in front of us (downstairs) and what with the the fumes off her, we could only assume that someone had steeped her clothes in perfume the night previous.

Anyway, her phone rings (iPhone set to office ringtone) and with the poshest D4 accent she answers and shouts:

"HALLOH .. OH DAPHNE .. YES, WELL I TRIED TO PHONE YOU BUT .. NO DAPHNE NO .. I'M ACTUALLY ON A BUS .. YES, A BUS .. I KNOW .. WELL NEEDS MUST (obnoxious laughter) WHAT? .. NO, JOHN HAS TAKEN THE CAAR AND MY BAG WAS ON THE SEAT AND ALL MY CARDS WERE .. WAIT DAPHNE .. (she looks around as if everyone about her was covered in excrement) I'LL CALL YOU IN PINCH HUN AS EVERYONE HERE IS LISTENING TO MY CONVERSATION .. OKAY, WILL DO".

Quick glance around and everyone within earshot (the whole downstairs) were rolling their eyes and slowly shaking their heads at her. The bloody cheek of the her: WE were "listening" to her conversation. No, we were assaulted by your conversation you verminous battleaxe!

Anyway, on we went (her gripping her handbag as if we were on the 77 :p) and when we got to the Berkeley Rd, she rises and informs the bus driver that she wishes to be dropped at the next stop (bell too good for her I guess).

Then, just as steps off and the bus is pulling away (her walking back alongside it) my mate quickly taps on the window to get her attention. She looks at him out of the corner of her eye (face like a slapped arse, mouth as if she'd just taken a sip of lemon juice) to which my friend slowly raises his own iPhone and winks at her, with smug grin on his face.

Well, her mouth drops open and she nearly goes arse over tit turning on her heels, clambering to get the driver to stop - to her misfortune, he does and so she marches in announcing that a man on the bus has robbed her, instructing the driver to "Call the police" before she proceeds to walk down and say (as if she were on stage at the Abbey): "The police have been called clever man. I suggest you give that back."

Mate calmly says: "I'm sorry, but you misunderstood. I was just saying that we have the same phone as one another, that's all (then holds up his iPhone as if it wasn't worth all that much) .. this one is mine". She opened her bag and slowly took out her own to which everyone broke up, even the driver (who made some quip to her which I wish I had heard).

Maybe you had to be there, but thought it was up there with the best pranks I've ever witnessed, all the more funnier as she was deserving of it (think all the best pranks have that about them).

Anyway, what's your favourite prank that you've either done yourself or witnessed being done?

what was the bint like as she was getting off?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

what was the bint like as she was getting off?

Are you insinuating I shagged her? :p

Well, have you ever seen a woman in her favourite heels and Sunday best walk from a car that has broken down in a muddy lane? Like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I have done so many I do not know where to start. I have a bit of a fetish for pranks and tricks.

The one that jumped first to mind _this_ time though (theres been a few threads on this before) was a time I was driving along a road in england and some friends were following who did not know the way. We lost them though so I decided I would pull in to let them catch up.

At that exact moment I saw some really black skid marks going off the road and into a field/hedge/ditch thing. Looks like a Tractor did a sudden turn. The best part of the "prank" was that I do not even remember deciding to do it. I just found myself - as if controlled by the great prankster in the sky - pulling into the ditch just where the skid marks ended - and lying face down on the steering wheel and indicating my passanger to do the same.

The face on our mates when they caught up was priceless - looking as it did like we went off the road and were dead on the dashboard.

Don't sound all that funny to me pal. :(

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Don't sound all that funny to me pal. :(

Humor truely is subjective it seems. There was a certain element of "You had to be there" to it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I remember a few years ago my sisters friend came up to our house with her newborn baby. Anyway she was in the kitchen showing him off to my father and then came into the sitting room where I was. I spotted my little sisters baby all tears doll and wrapped it in the newborns blanket. I then walked into the kitchen and pretended to trip which sent the doll flying across the room. My father nearly had a heart attack thinking it was the newborn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I remember a few years ago my sisters friend came up to our house with her newborn baby. Anyway she was in the kitchen showing him off to my father and then came into the sitting room where I was. I spotted my little sisters baby all tears doll and wrapped it in the newborns blanket. I then walked into the kitchen and pretended to trip which sent the doll flying across the room. My father nearly had a heart attack thinking it was the newborn.

Perfect username :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

IBT numbered pigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

"I won it on a horse."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

A classic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

Scottish bloke I knew told me when he was in University in London, he invited his English friends over for a Burns night dinner. He served them some Haggis which he said had been made by his mother back in Scotland when in truth he had made it - from a tin of dog food :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

A mate of mine was drunk at a house party and when he wasn't looking I put a laxative in his drink. Not a majorly strong one but string enough to make his gutts fall out of his arse for an hour or two. About 20 mins later he was talking to someone else and mid conversation his face just went :confused: and quietly announced "Lads I have to go" then sprinted home.

Simple but effective.

Note: he retaliated by putting ipicac in my drink another night. Kinda backfired when I puked all over his couch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Few good ones there i must admit.my fave that ive attempted a few times after seeing it on youtube.the old cling film over the door of the dark room.nearest its ever been to backfiring was one of the lads having a panic attack.pure class :D

Game For A Laugh used to be a bit hit and miss but always remember this classic:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Another bus one.

It was 2005/2006, I was on the number 5 bus from CIT to the train station, at the time it took a right past washington street, stopped and went down the south mall. Just where it stops is a Hillbillies.

So a good bit before we got to that point a shower of 10-11 year olds got on. About 4 of them, they were fairly loud now, 2 of them exchanged phone numbers so I got one of them anyway, had a big brute of a phone (Nokia 9500) at the time but i was sitting in the window seat so was grand they never spotted me.

Sent one of them a text "see you outside hillbillies in half an hour for a blew jab". The lad got the text and read it out loud so everyone could hear even the 'blew jab', everyone got a fit of laughing.

Anyway bus stops just across the road from hillbillies, see the 4 lads cross the road line up 1 by 1 outside the window of hillbillies. Then i turned my phone off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

A couple of days before Aprils fools day the fridge broke down. It had given trouble before. Parents were annoyed as they payed money to get it fixed before and it broke. So I took advantage of this. I sellotaped the light switch near the top of the door that turns the light on and off. When the parents saw the fridge all dark they were pissed and they thought it was broken.

2. My friends dog did a huge cràp. He put it into a brown paper bag and left it outside someone's house. Lit it on fire and ran behind a bush. It was hilarious when the man stood on the bag and got shîte all overhim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

That was actually me and I'm not a bint I'll have you know, I wear prada from head to toe.
    My husband who's 88 bought me a bugatti which makes me feel great.
    My make up wasn't max factor that's only for women who drive a tractor.
    Now please excuse me as I call my girlfriends and talk in an obnoxious tone which seems to offend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    A couple of days before Aprils fools day the fridge broke down. It had given trouble before. Parents were annoyed as they payed money to get it fixed before and it broke. So I took advantage of this. I sellotaped the litre switch near the top of the door that turns the light on and off. When the parents saw the fridge all dark they were pissed and they thought it was broken.

2. My friends dog did a huge cràp. He put it into a brown paper bag and left it outside someone's house. Lit it on fire and ran behind a bush. It was hilarious when the man stood on the bag and got shîte all overhim.

The litre switch, as in the one that causes the fridge to dispense a litre of milk?

eth0 wrote: »
    A couple of days before Aprils fools day the fridge broke down. It had given trouble before. Parents were annoyed as they payed money to get it fixed before and it broke. So I took advantage of this. I sellotaped the litre switch near the top of the door that turns the light on and off. When the parents saw the fridge all dark they were pissed and they thought it was broken.

The litre switch, as in the one that causes the fridge to dispense a litre of milk?
    No the light switch. Fookin auto correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Call the local chipper.

"Do you deliver?"

"Can I have mine with onions please?"

Hilarity ensues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

La-Dee-Feckin-Dah, back in my day we were lucky if we had a pint switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 gorugeen

While working in the buying dept of a construction firm I witnessed this gem. Newbie comes back from lunch to be told that one of his site agents had requested a specialist order from a specific supplier. Newbie was given a post it with the details and phone number. So he rings the number..."Hi. I was told I could get a 24" vibrator there. Yeah, 24 inches, a petrol one. You don't? I was told I could hire one the..No. I'm not takin the piss. I'm.....what?WHAT? Ah ****." Slams phone down and storms out in a major huff amid the whole department rolling around in tears of laughter.
    Some context;
    A 24" petrol(driven) vibrator is used on building sites to get air out of concrete and we usually hire them.
    The phone number was for Utopia sex shop.

He didn't speak to the guy that set him up for a week and is still sore about it if I bring it up.

hardCopy wrote: »

La-Dee-Feckin-Dah, back in my day we were lucky if we had a pint switch
    I meant light switch. Auto correct changed it

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

i once was driving my car and stopped to give a friend a lift when he got near the car i drove on a little further. i repeated this a few times and was pissing myself laughing as he was getting angrier and angrier. hilarious stuff all together. it spawned many copycats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Ha ha ha. All very good nothing like a giggle. I was out walking the OH (who is not the tallest) one fine evening when swoosh a swallow (bird) just missed her head. "That bsstard nearly hit me" she claimed. " Probably collecting midgets" says I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my brother who posts here might remember this more than me as he was more sober:

years ago in a pub before mignight at the olypmia i kept knocking over some tarts wine. i bought 2 (maybe more) to replace but kept knocking it over. i was sick of replacing it so one of the lads pissed in the bottle and gave it to her.
    i saw her later at the olympia so she was ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭mrwhimwham

Had a friend who had a knack for leaving sh1ts everywhere in people's houses: in the toilet cistern, in closets, even once in a washing machine. But his finest moment was one night we went back to a random house party and were having the bants, when my friend comes into the room and calls me out to the kitchen. Lo and behold, the fecker had taken a sh1t in the poor people's kettle! Needless to say, we didn't wait around for the people to find out!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

mrwhimwham wrote: »
    Had a friend who had a knack for leaving sh1ts everywhere in people's houses: in the toilet cistern, in closets, even once in a washing machine. But his finest moment was one night we went back to a random house party and were having the bants, when my friend comes into the room and calls me out to the kitchen. Lo and behold, the fecker had taken a sh1t in the poor people's kettle! Needless to say, we didn't wait around for the people to find out!!! :pac:

What the hell is wrong with this guy?! Who let's him out of his house?!

syndeyfife wrote: »
    What the hell is wrong with this guy?! Who let's him out of his house?!

He's from the back and beyonds of Mayo. Nuf said! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

mrwhimwham wrote: »

That guy needs help. State of him.

Sauve wrote: »
    That guy needs help. State of him.

He actually believed it was a game. Called it the "Sneaky Poo". Needless to say, we aren't friends anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Not gonna lie, I laughed at that. Wouldn't let the fucker in my apartment, but would love to hang out at the same places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ha ha ha. All very good nothing like a giggle. I was out walking the OH (who is not the tallest) one fine evening when swoosh a swallow (bird) just missed her head. "That bsstard nearly hit me" she claimed. " Probably collecting midgets" says I.

Lovely anecdote you got yourself there Lando, but not quite of the prank department is it?

Unless of course you were in collaboration with the bird and it was all an elaborate ruse so you could insult your OH's vertical disability...

Spit it out Lando, are you some sort of swallowman?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Was gas crack a while back. Friends of friends and all that.
    Halloween a few years back a green smoke bomb was bought in the joke shop. It was lit and put through someones letter box into their porch. Culprits ran, off they went before trouble caught them.
    Next day the owners of the smoked porch are out with there rags and soap trying to wash out a, what was an all white walled in room with a large glass wall and was then turned into a fully 100% bright green stained box.

Hillarious fun was had by all.

Said people have also done the boring basics like finding a dead cat that looked allot like his mothers pussy, on the side of the road and bringing it round the corner to his parents driveway and leaving it where his mother would find it.

Said friends also tend to slap each other between the legs for the comedy factor regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Was gas crack a while back. Friends of friends and all that.
    Halloween a few years back a green smoke bomb was bought in the joke shop. It was lit and put through someones letter box into their porch. Culprits ran, off they went before trouble caught them.
    Next day the owners of the smoked porch are out with there rags and soap trying to wash out a, what was an all white walled in room with a large glass wall and was then turned into a fully 100% bright green stained box.

Hillarious fun was had by all.

Said people have also done the boring basics like finding a dead cat that looked allot like his mothers pussy, on the side of the road and bringing it round the corner to his parents driveway and leaving it where his mother would find it.

Said friends also tend to slap each other between the legs for the comedy factor regularly.

I always wondered what they got up to at Mensa.

Two of them are engineers, one an economist, another an I.T consultant and one his own business making very good money.

Kinda annoying really.

If you have a traditional irish father a very good one is sitting him down, coming out to him and telling him you're going to marry you're long term gay partner jose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Call 11811
    Hello 11811 Sue speaking, what number would you like?
    Howaya Sue can I have your number?

(haha ha...and so forth)

as a kid my older brother pissed me off one night so i stuck a bit of blue tack to his light switch in his bedroom and then stuck a thumb tack facing out to the blue tack.. then went to bed and locked my bedroom door...only to be woken later by screams of pain as the point went in behind his finger nail...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

There was one time I changed the Windows startup sound on a friend's laptop from the usual three-second chime to the entire two-and-a-half minute Neighbours theme tune from the 80s.

There was one time I changed the Windows startup sound on a friend's laptop from the usual three-second chime to the entire two-and-a-half minute Neighbours theme tune from the 80s.

Reminds me: we were down the pub years back now and took a mates mobile and we changed his Mam's number to another number we had the sim card for.

Mate goes into the toilet and phones him, he picks up the phone and says:

"It's my mam, hang on .."

Other mate in the toilet says down the phone in a pretend woman's voice:

"Will you come home and have sex with me, please, ah please"

We had him for only maybe three seconds but they were a beautiful three seconds seeing that mix of confusion, disgust and maybe slight arousal on his face :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Apartment below me playing loud music on the days leading up to my college exams. Would not turn it down even when i asked politely.

They allways left their window open. I disconnected the hose from the hoover, swung it out of my window, into theirs, and then poured 2500bb pellets down the pipe into their sitting room.

HA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Another one was the shower trick.

The shower in the apartment in college had a tripswitch all of its own.

Small bathroom with no dedicated area for the shower.

Turn off the tripswitch, point the showerhead at the toilet, at cryogenic freezing cold, and wait for someone to go for a ****.

Worked everytime, untill people got into the habit of checking the head each time they went to the jacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

A friend of mine pulled a brilliant (if horribly cruel) prank on another back when we were in college. There was a large group of us in UCD, and the prankster was in a different college, so his achievement was even more epic. He basically set up a fake email address for the UCD computer services office. He then managed to come up with an email template that looked exactly like the ones from the real computer office. He's not even techie, so I have no idea how he did it. He wrote a email into this template that basically accused my friend of abusing the computer privileges by looking at porn, and not of the vanilla kind of you know what I mean. The email accused my friend of browsing the weirdest fetish sites on the internet, and provided a handy list of the alleged sites.

The best part was that my friend was completely duped and entered an email correspondance with the fake office, strenuously denying the charges, stressing his innocence, and detailing how all of it was stressful for him. At one stage, he went so far as to state that he didn't even like that kind of porn!! :D

All of which the prankster saved, and sent around to the rest of us! 'Twas brilliant. Even the victim saw the bright side...kind of...after a few months...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Eh, you were out walking the OH?! Hope you brought a pooper scooper with ya! :D

Advertisement