Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance, BTEA, HELP!

Options
  • 30-07-2012 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me, so confused
    I'm a BTEA student, going into my 2nd year of a course. I cant afford the travelling costs anymore, so I'm hoping to move up close to the college. Can anyone tell me, do I have to be living in the accommodation 6months before I can be eligible, or am I entitled simply because I'm on BTEA?
    Anything at all would be helpful, I'm terribly confused!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

The rule is that you must have been renting for 6 out of the last 12 months and you must have been able to afford the rent when you first started to rent. Or: have been assessed within the past 12 months by your local council as having a housing need. If you are living at home and then move out you will not get RS.

A better option for you might be to apply for a maintenance grant which can in some cases be more beneficial then BTEA. Go ask some one in your local Adult Guidance Centre or Citizens Information, or try the new SUSI help line. They can be found at www.studentfinance.ie and follow the links.

Advertisement