Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth pulls

Options
  • 30-07-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭

Hi all

has anybody made any good youth pulls lately?

I heard that there was a change to the youth training (making it more effective)... but didnt believe it until i pulled a player today.

he was 25 stars and 19 years old, & had 144 youth games -when he came out at 45k CSR :eek:

hes better than the lad i spent all last season on 10 individual sessions (albeit only just and a year older)

so my question is has anybody else had a good youth pull or is this guy just amazing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

daheff wrote: »
    Hi all

has anybody made any good youth pulls lately?

I heard that there was a change to the youth training (making it more effective)... but didnt believe it until i pulled a player today.

he was 25 stars and 19 years old, & had 144 youth games -when he came out at 45k CSR :eek:

hes better than the lad i spent all last season on 10 individual sessions (albeit only just and a year older)

so my question is has anybody else had a good youth pull or is this guy just amazing!

Damnit, stories like that make me consider getting back into the YA game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

hes pretty damn tidy player too. skills in all the right places. i'm debating training him up instead of another pull i had last season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Pulled a monster yesterday who just turned 17 on the weekend, 37k csr ! gonna be a beast when i train him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

By all accounts the increased ya effectiveness has had a big effect.

I would say it might be overdone, I didn't have any couches before but am now advertising for lvl 2's and will be trying for lvl 3 couch and facilities asap.

Although knowing my luck they'll nerf the effectiveness back down just after I have it set up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Yeah I have a feeling they are going to nerf it. Some of the pulls coming out at the moment are absolutely ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Yup, the academies were epic this past year. I suspect we might only have another half season of this or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Sigh, Had a 199cm 126kg player earmarked as an 8 to replace with 100 star recruit. 100 stars and he is 203 and weighs 97. I already have two young locks. Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

pulled another monster today

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=11900492

Hes come out at44K CSR.

i reckon they;ve overcooked the youth academy 'tweak' and we might see some huge players for the next U20 s20 world cup

only problem is I used 80 stars hoping for a lock and got somebody 199cm :(

guess he'll be an no 6 then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

daheff wrote: »
    pulled another monster today

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=11900492

Hes come out at44K CSR.

i reckon they;ve overcooked the youth academy 'tweak' and we might see some huge players for the next U20 s20 world cup

only problem is I used 80 stars hoping for a lock and got somebody 199cm :(

guess he'll be an no 6 then

Pulled crap today... but he was scouted at 10stars so not unexpected!

Was supposed to be pulling back row, but looks like he will be a back of some sort with height and weight stats. better not be rubbish after spending 150 stars! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Not happy with my two pulls. Looks like they will be back rows, the one position I am sorted for :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

iv only lvl2 ya but my pulls have been **** enough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

seanand wrote: »
    iv only lvl2 ya but my pulls have been **** enough :(

I have lvl2, just checked. clearly forgot to go any higher. wonder how big the jump is from lvl 2 to 3, and is that the difference we are seeing? or are our academies just full of ****e seanand!!??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i dont know maybe thats it but i cant afford to make the jump because im looking at lvl5s but if they keep coming out sh*t ill be getting rid of training altogether

Advertisement