Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melbourne taxback

Options
  • 30-07-2012 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I'm owed a bit of tax, anyone know any could accountants in Melbourne or any website people have used please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Use the ETax app on www.ato.gov.com.au it's quite easy to fill out n at the end you can submit your returns online . Should get tax back n about 2 weeks.

One thing though if you haven't logged tax returns in Oz before the first one will have to be by post. That takes up to 40 days but you can still use the ETax app to prepare n print out your returns .

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Taxbackaustralia.com.au

Got my tax return last week, one week after giving them my details. Got my Medicare exception as well..$4k richer now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Amazon32

Taxbackaustralia.com.au

Got my tax return last week, one week after giving them my details. Got my Medicare exception as well..$4k richer now :)

What do they charge? They say on their site that its a flat fee and not a percentage. What fee did they charge you?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Amazon32 wrote: »
    What do they charge? They say on their site that its a flat fee and not a percentage. What fee did they charge you?

$140 I think? they included their fee in their original quote anyway. I found them brilliant, very quick to respond to any e-mails. If you go onto their website they can give you a free estimate on how much you'll get back.

I know people will say e-tax is easy but if you are only in Oz for a year or two I'd just have a pro do my tax return

Advertisement