Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glycolic Acid

• 30-07-2012 3:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a glycolic acid product. looking to give one a try!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Madame K

I don't know if you can purchase it here but I was using Glytone products in the US--mainly body wash and lotion. I got them from my dermatologist. If offered through the dermatologist, you may be able to start with a few samples. I had very good results--extremely smooth skin. I used it until I ran out of products. I just maintain it now with exfoliation and make sure I apply some lotion to my body at night to keep things supple and soft.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭elhal

How long until you see the results??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Madame K

After a week or so, my skin felt smoother. After a month, I felt like I didn't use it as frequently as I had. It might have been overkill to use it daily but I was using it mainly on my arms and legs.

I tried a facial lotion in the line but found after one use that my skin was much too sensitive for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

What skin area are you looking to improve? the face or body?
    Do you have any skin issues that you're looking to use this for or is it just to improve uneven texture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

I think Avon do a Glycolic range if that's any help to you :D

• Advertisement

Im just looking for it on my face just to improve the appearance. Im getting married next year, and at a wedding fair a make up artist recommended using it but i cant for the life of me remember the one he recommeded. it began with "a"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I use NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash once a week (sometimes twice, but that's rare). And it is amazing. My face always looks so glowing right after I use it. I have acne prone, sensitive skin and had no problems with it so far. Though, I don't use it if I have any aggregated acneic zits. I bought it from McCabe's Pharmacy in Dundrum Town Centre.

Thanks will give that a try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

MD Formulations do a fabulous glycolic cleanser. I use it every day and always keeps my skin clear .. I usually buy online, ebay or the like.

Advertisement