Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tv recording in 2012

• 30-07-2012 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Trying to find out information for my parents on what the best equipment is for them to record off tv.

They're upgrading to saorview tvs and a lot of their old VHS and DVD recorder players don't work anymore. One of their new tvs has USB recording but it won't work either when the TV is switched or when switched channel as well as not having any sort of timer programming functionality to it.
    They don't have a Sky or chrous box that can record from TV either.

In a nutshell they want something that can
    • Record when the tv is off
    • Be timer programmed
    • On a saorview tv without any satellite provider
    DVD recorders are probably a bit old in the tooth, was hoping there'd be something that can record to hard drive. Does such technology exist that isn't tied to a subscription? Help plz. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭eirman

There will be saorview approved boxes with built-in hard disks available by the end of the year (hopefully). They will have all the functionality you want, including series links.

Keep an eye on the terrestial forum ..... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Downlinz

If they don't exist now what is the average joe using to record tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭eirman

Downlinz wrote: »
    If they don't exist now what is the average joe using to record tv?

I use sky+ and I have two dvd recorders (with hard disks) for archiving.

There are Freeview HD PVRs available now that will work with saorview. I suggest that you post a question over in the terrestial forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Downlinz

ok thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

A Bluray recorder with a Freeview+ decoder and built in HHd will record the Saorview channels. Not Saorview approved but it does work TMULL

• Advertisement
Advertisement