Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new ATM card won't work in the new ATMs

Options
  • 30-07-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hey there

I recently got a new ATM card for my savings account - you know, the green ones that can only be used in BOI ATMs.

However, it won't work in the new/updated BOI ATMs, suggesting that I return the card to yourselves as it's faulty, but it will work in older ATMs and the smaller BOI ATMs in shops etc.

I'm hesitant to return it because I'd be ATM less and don't know if I'd have to pay a new charge for a new card - can you advise please?

Cheers!

Darragh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Darragh,

Thanks for your query. I'm looking into this for you now with our ATM team. I'm expecting an answer later on today.

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Darragh,

I've checked with our ATM team and the ATM testing department and there aren't any known issue with using a Savings ATM card in any of the newer type ATMs. Without more details we wouldn't be able to ascertain if there is a fault with your card or an issue with the machine itself.

Your branch does have the option of ordering a replacement card for you without cancelling the old card for a period of time. If you would like for us to look into it further or if you would like to have a replacement card ordered, I can arrange for one of our representatives to give you a call. Just PM us your contact number, name of your account holding branch and a good time to call and we'll get back to you.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement